Search found 215 matches

by MichaelPW
Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:12 pm
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: the alleyway
Replies: 4
Views: 4061

Re: the alleyway

There`s a smilarity between the alley on the picture and the alley on which we see "Dern" with the groceries. Maybe Mr. K has the might to solve the curse. Probably "Dern" has to understand the repeating nature of her problem. In the theater she knows the content of the movie she...
by MichaelPW
Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 pm
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: Grand Unified Theory?
Replies: 13
Views: 6695

Re: Grand Unified Theory?

Think that there are different representations of "a woman in trouble". The trouble seems to be the curse which is solved in the end. There`s an actress who died in the making of 4 7. There`s a murder in (the making of) OHIBT, although it was not planned. With the girls we probably have re...
by MichaelPW
Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:35 pm
Forum: DAVID LYNCH
Topic: Helter skelter in Germany...
Replies: 7
Views: 4331

Re: Helter skelter in Germany...

His false ID was Dragan Dabic. He said "My name is Dabic, but you can call me David."
by MichaelPW
Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:46 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: who is s/he?
Replies: 27
Views: 11781

Re: who is s/he?

Maybe she`s indeed the woman in white we see from behind. Maybe she will murder the woman in front of her, because "she will not let him have her". But who`s she? A regular prostitute? Or a prostitute "Piotrek" fell in love with? That wouldn`t be the trade, would it?! That wouldn...
by MichaelPW
Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:03 pm
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: who is s/he?
Replies: 27
Views: 11781

Re: who is s/he?

I assume that there`s a connection between the woman in Poland asking if they have seen her before and the Dern character "in the future" in the sense of a kind of reincarnation. The Dern character in the future seems to have an advantage in comparison to the woman in Poland: She`s aware o...
by MichaelPW
Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:51 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: who is s/he?
Replies: 27
Views: 11781

Re: who is s/he?

two ideas: either the ninety year old niece a few decades before the year 2006 or the same person who stands before her. this could be, because the "guardian angels" point with her hands as if they wanted to say something like "Of course, we have seen you before. You are there again r...
by MichaelPW
Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:38 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: Scene 35
Replies: 77
Views: 26035

Re: Scene 35

Carl wrote:What does that particular title say, in German?


Well, I don`t remember it exactly, probably because it is not the way people are remembering things. But it`s something in the sense of "Bei diesem schönen Wetter müssen wir rein?!..Ok, weiter mit Szene 27".
by MichaelPW
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:58 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: "It Was Red"
Replies: 34
Views: 14513

Re: "It Was Red"

Kiddo wrote:MichaelPW,
That's exactly my point: there is no validity or logic to the claim that Lucas's character during the shed scene is Piotrek. Absolutely nothing points to it. The man's name is Smithy.


But I don`t see reasons for that in your point 2.
by MichaelPW
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:52 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: Scene 35
Replies: 77
Views: 26035

Re: Scene 35

It ain't Kingsley, but an assistant ( not Freddy) who says something about Scene 27, after the 'all I see from this is blue tomorrows', good weather scene. What he says is inaudible. The fucking French subtitles omit the line entirely. Yes, after the garden scene. Ok, it can be that it doesn`t come...
by MichaelPW
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:50 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: Scene 35
Replies: 77
Views: 26035

Re: Scene 35

Kiddo wrote:Following this logic, I believe that chapter 47 is the rabbit scene where the room turns red.


That would be quite interesting.
by MichaelPW
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:46 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: MTTH: Buying a watch
Replies: 40
Views: 15360

Re: MTTH: Buying a watch

Do you mean that although one can choose what one does, one cannot choose what one wants to do? I think that is true but I'm not sure that is the issue here. In this scene and in the movie I think it is about the action of her choosing and the consequences of it. That is, there may be all sorts of ...
by MichaelPW
Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:35 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: MTTH: Buying a watch
Replies: 40
Views: 15360

Re: MTTH: Buying a watch

Kiddo wrote:No, carl's clearly right: one chooses whether or not to buy a watch.


You probably won`t be able to prove that.
by MichaelPW
Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:43 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: "It Was Red"
Replies: 34
Views: 14513

Re: "It Was Red"

Why would he be getting driven around the backwoods of Poland just to get ranked on by a dorky circus dude in a shed in the middle of nowhere? Krol could have just flown his own personal jet to get wherever he wanted, and would have had lackeys deal with low-lifes like Gordy. Can`t see here neither...
by MichaelPW
Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:39 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: L.B.
Replies: 88
Views: 41817

Re: L.B.

So, if we ask the question, "Who is Smithy?" and we see Smithy's son, we know whose son he seems to be (not the Lucas character who can't procreate children), because there is only one logical answer: his other parent, his mother, Smithy, played by Karolina Gruszka, who returns to her own...
by MichaelPW
Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:15 am
Forum: INLAND EMPIRE
Topic: MTTH: Buying a watch
Replies: 40
Views: 15360

Re: MTTH: Buying a watch

Carl wrote:One chooses whether to 'buy a watch.


Maybe it is fixed before one buys a watch whether one buys a watch and one tries to interpret fixed things one does. Maybe one thinks "I will not buy a watch" and then changes ones mind, but maybe it is fixed before that one buys the watch.

Go to advanced search