Search found 172 matches

by Manwith
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:59 am
Forum: Parts Discussion
Topic: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)
Replies: 1339
Views: 400116

Re: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Deep Thought wrote:In a show already proven to have synced scenes in play,


Perhaps we have different definitions of "proven".
by Manwith
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:58 am
Forum: Parts Discussion
Topic: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)
Replies: 1339
Views: 400116

Re: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Deep Thought wrote:In a show already proven to have synced scenes in play,


For some strange definition of "proven".
by Manwith
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:29 am
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group
Replies: 5620
Views: 1460745

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

A suggestion for anyone who doesn’t have a problem with this artistically or ethically. I'm fine with you disliking the show, but Laura Palmer isn't real, she's just an actress playing make pretend. So I don't really see the argument that having the make pretend get campy or silly is unethical. If ...
by Manwith
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:11 am
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)
Replies: 30
Views: 12393

Re: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)

Our age needs heros more than ever, and good will always win over evil. Good doesn't always win over evil in real life. There's plenty of shows that depict the theme "good will always win over evil" but Twin Peaks is not one of them. If Lynch wanted to depict that theme he would have ende...
by Manwith
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 am
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)
Replies: 30
Views: 12393

Re: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)

AgentEcho wrote:
Nevertheless most of the creative decisions seemed more concerned with creating a feeling of dread over a positive note


For this reason I think the negative interpretation is more grounded that a positive interpretation based on the design of the scenes in the final episode.
by Manwith
Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:25 pm
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)
Replies: 30
Views: 12393

Re: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)

Three things. 1. Cooper says see you at the curtain call. So the story is far from being over with the last scene, and continues. Cooper has no idea what he's talking about. He's confused, can't find Judy, and doesn't even know what year it is at the end, so I disagree. Other clues that Cooper does...
by Manwith
Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:04 am
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Sarah Palmer
Replies: 31
Views: 11471

Re: Sarah Palmer

eyeboogers wrote: In "The Return" Sarah is quite open about how the possession is something which has just happened to her now.


No she isn't. That's just your intepretation. Sarah never even says she is possessed, let alone that it just happened to her.
by Manwith
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 am
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group
Replies: 5620
Views: 1460745

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

KM's said something like "I had an idea these could be the final scenes but did not know". Therefore he is not making any comments about emotional reaction to viewing as per reading. He is talking in the past tense of filming. He is saying that in October 2015 when he and Sheryl Lee filme...
by Manwith
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 am
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group
Replies: 5620
Views: 1460745

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

So considering KM read the original script, I am now questioning why he did not know the scenes he was filming in October 2015 (with the dialogue he and Lee were saying) formed the conclusion to the series? KM admits to being left 'reeling' by the final episode, but actors who read a script for tha...
by Manwith
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:34 am
Forum: Parts Discussion
Topic: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)
Replies: 1339
Views: 400116

Re: Part 18 - What is your name? (SPOILERS)

Wonderful theory, I will stick with that." There's a lot about that theory I disagree with. I agree with what someone said in the comments: "One is that the noise in the White Lodge in the beginning is more likely the sound of Judy, not the sound of the White Lodge. Likewise, it’s probabl...
by Manwith
Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:26 am
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group
Replies: 5620
Views: 1460745

Re: Twin Peaks Return: The Profoundly Disappointed Support Group (SPOILERS)

I think it would make a few people much more comfortable to assume Mark Frost's work was hijacked by Lynch, because that validates a view of the show that venerates the plot architecture vs. Lynch, y'know, fucking it up or something, as though he was some glorified hired gun and the writers all did...
by Manwith
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:36 pm
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: David Lynch should not get away by declaring TP as a "dream"
Replies: 49
Views: 17080

Re: David Lynch should not get away by declaring TP as a "dream"

Jasper wrote:On Twin Peaks:

“It’s a real place. All the characters are real. And the place is real.”

—David Lynch (April 2013, Festival International du Film Policier de Beaune)


He's lying though. It's just a tv show. 8)
by Manwith
Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:32 pm
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: David Lynch should not get away by declaring TP as a "dream"
Replies: 49
Views: 17080

Re: L. Frank Baum -- i mean, David Lynch should not get away by declaring TP as a "dream"

Twin Peaks is only a dream in the sense of "Life is but a dream." You don't have to be so literal about it.
by Manwith
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:39 pm
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)
Replies: 30
Views: 12393

Re: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)

Losing one's identity in Twin Peaks isn't always a good thing. Maybe it wasn't bad in the end when Dougie lost his identity, but Sarah Palmer, Leland and Audrey lost their identity and it's bad. I would argue -- and frequently have -- that Leland doesn't lose his identity, but rather that Bob gives...
by Manwith
Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:01 pm
Forum: Season 3 (2017) The Return
Topic: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)
Replies: 30
Views: 12393

Re: Season 3 Ended On A Positive Note (Spoilers)

He's taking on more traits of the doppleganger and the world no longer recognizes him as Cooper, only Richard. He no longer loves coffee. It seems that this isn't a fight he's going to win in the end. Audrey's last scene was equally pessimistic. I can see how you might want to be more optimistic, b...

Go to advanced search