Lynch on Lynch book - Original vs. Revised editions

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

trollmanen

Lynch on Lynch book - Original vs. Revised editions

Post by trollmanen »

I found a copy of Lynch on Lynch in hardcover today at a local shop. I was wondering what was added or changed to the revised edition of the book that is for sale now, is it worth getting both editions?
dugpa
Site Admin

Re: Lynch on Lynch book - Original vs. Revised editions

Post by dugpa »

From what I can tell, only Mulholland Drive was added in the revised edition.
RStandfest
Roadhouse Member

Post by RStandfest »

Actually, there are about 53 pages that were added to the revised edition. These new pages primarily consist of two chapters; Chapter 10- It's a Great Big Wonderful World Revisited: The Straight Story; and Chapter 11- Billy Finds a Book Of Riddles Right in His Own Back Yard: Mulholland Drive. The chapter on The Straight Story is particularly wonderful, with some great photographs of Lynch working in Iowa. The main frustration I have with the revised edition is the atrocious printing quality. The original hardcover edition, although printed on the same paper, had crisper images. The revised softcover edition has images that are much less clear. Very important for a book with so many images.

Cheers,
Ryan
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

That's right. How could I forget the Straight Story section. The most intresting thing about the Mullholland Drive section is how it's roots came from Twin Peaks. Lynch also says in the chapter that somehow, Mark Frost is getting paid for Mulholland Drive as they had worked on it together for a time when they were thinking of Mulholland Drive being connected to the proposed Audrey spin off.

-B