Re: Pre-Order the New David Lynch DVD Box - the Lime Green Set

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

Evenreven wrote:I wouldn't trust Deep Discount or Amazon to deliver it until well into December. I'll just go with my local shop. Bizarrely, the only one of these I actually own is Wild at Heart (standard R2) - I've seen most in theatres and some on borrowed DVDs - so for me 1150 isn't too crazy for a ten-disc release. The price is only way too high if you own a lot of it beforehand (which most people here do, I guess).

Which local shop was it that is going to stock it on the American release date?
Because nobody bothers to release anything in the UK anymore besides endless reissues of The Elephant Man, Dune and Blue Velvet I've ordered the Lime Green Set from Amazon US. A couple of days ago they sent me an email saying the release date had been changed and it should arrive between November 28th and December 2nd.
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

DigitalGhost wrote:
Evenreven wrote:I wouldn't trust Deep Discount or Amazon to deliver it until well into December. I'll just go with my local shop. Bizarrely, the only one of these I actually own is Wild at Heart (standard R2) - I've seen most in theatres and some on borrowed DVDs - so for me 1150 isn't too crazy for a ten-disc release. The price is only way too high if you own a lot of it beforehand (which most people here do, I guess).

Which local shop was it that is going to stock it on the American release date?
Because nobody bothers to release anything in the UK anymore besides endless reissues of The Elephant Man, Dune and Blue Velvet I've ordered the Lime Green Set from Amazon US. A couple of days ago they sent me an email saying the release date had been changed and it should arrive between November 28th and December 2nd.
Would you let us know if it arrives with or without customs charges Mr Digital? I'm in the UK and am hesistant about ordering from the states because of the possible charges. When i bought the big Eraserhead box from DL.com, I got hammered for another £25 before they would deliver it!
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Re: Best Price Info for the David Lynch Lime Green Box Set

Post by DigitalGhost »

I know what you mean Cubist, I ordered the Eraserhead and Short Films DVDs before the shipping costs on davidlynch.com went mad and I paid a fortune in customs charges. The customs charges tend to be a few pounds plus a ten quid surcharge from the courier.

When you order from Amazon US they take a deposit to cover the customs charge and pay it upfront. Amazon's the only US company I've used that does that. It means the parcel arrives with no customs charge, and no card from the courier saying they're holding a parcel ransom until you pay up! The import fees deposit on my order was $35.22. The total cost of my order with posh shipping was $198.19 (shriek - I hadn't looked at the total cost until now).
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Thanks for that Mr Digi - very useful to know. $198 ? Ouch mate! Wish the pound was doing a bit better against the dollar.....
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

cubist wrote:Thanks for that Mr Digi - very useful to know. $198 ? Ouch mate! Wish the pound was doing a bit better against the dollar.....
You're welcome. I had no interest in the strength of the pound until it started to affect my Lynch collecting activities. This global economy business is an outrage!
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Kevin M. Dean from DVD Talk forum wrote:
Pre-orders can be added now for titles coming out during the sale period as long as you add it from the search result page and not the item page itself.

Also,notice that i used the code 25offsale once and i cannot use it anymore,while it is supposed to be for multiple orders.There was the discount code sale,but DVDplanet's checkout system says that it's expired.Hurry,the deal is ending tomorrow!
Otherwise,DVDpacific for its low price or Amazon for quality service and fast shipping.
Pabo le clown !

Post by Pabo le clown ! »

I ordered it from Tower.com for only $114.85, shipping included, for France.
Does someone know this website?
It seems strange to me because my order status is "Payment Under Review" since yersterday and I didn't receive any confirmation mail ! :|
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Pabo le clown ! wrote:I ordered it from Tower.com for only $114.85, shipping included, for France.
Does someone know this website?
It seems strange to me because my order status is "Payment Under Review" since yersterday and I didn't receive any confirmation mail ! :|
Tower is one of the biggest retailers in the US.I think they are trustworthy,though i've never ordered from them.It isn't strange that you haven't received any confirmation e-mail,because they still list the item as a pre-order.I just ordered it from DVDPacific(DVDPlanet cancelled my order because i didn't have sufficient funds),for 109$ delivered to Greece using Priority Airmail.It's even better than DVDPlanet's sale,considering the fast shipping!
Pabo le clown !

Post by Pabo le clown ! »

Thank you for your answer Pete !
Now they ask me to confirm my order and billing informations by mail, I find this very strange so I think I'm going to cancel this order and buy it with DVDPacific !
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Pete Martell wrote: I just ordered it from DVDPacific(DVDPlanet cancelled my order because i didn't have sufficient funds),for 109$ delivered to Greece using Priority Airmail.It's even better than DVDPlanet's sale,considering the fast shipping!
Thank you very very much, Pete for a really great tip! Just ordered the set from DVDPacific. I actually had the same problem as you had over at DVDPlanet. Using Int'l Priority Airmail made me save lots of money 8)
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Christian1989 wrote:
Pete Martell wrote: I just ordered it from DVDPacific(DVDPlanet cancelled my order because i didn't have sufficient funds),for 109$ delivered to Greece using Priority Airmail.It's even better than DVDPlanet's sale,considering the fast shipping!
Thank you very very much, Pete for a really great tip! Just ordered the set from DVDPacific. I actually had the same problem as you had over at DVDPlanet. Using Int'l Priority Airmail made me save lots of money 8)
It seems that people under 20 years old experience the same problems :twisted:
yvanehtnioj1214
Roadhouse Member

Post by yvanehtnioj1214 »

It's $119 at davidlynch.com.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who purchased the boxset.
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Pete Martell wrote:I would like to hear some feedback from anyone who purchased the boxset.
Hey, Pete! How much time did it take after you ordered from DVDPacific until they shipped the set? They have already charged me, but it hasn't shipped yet.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Actually,they tried to charge my card two days ago,but the balance went a bit low after buying a Family Guy boxset :P
So,on Monday i'll be putting some money on my account and see what happens. :wink:
Don't worry,they will ship it to you.It usually takes 10 days to arrive to Europe.