Re: Pre-Order the New David Lynch DVD Box - the Lime Green Set

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Pabo le clown !

Re: Best Price Info for the David Lynch Lime Green Box Set

Post by Pabo le clown ! »

I also ordered on DVDPacific, after cancelling on Tower, and since friday they still not tried to charge my order though the money is waiting on my bank acount ! I think it's very complicated to order to United States, except with amazon but wich is more expensive ! :cry:
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Don't worry about DVDPacific.And yes,they try to see first if you have the money... :x
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Pete Martell wrote:Actually,they tried to charge my card two days ago,but the balance went a bit low after buying a Family Guy boxset :P
So,on Monday i'll be putting some money on my account and see what happens. :wink:
Don't worry,they will ship it to you.It usually takes 10 days to arrive to Europe.
Yeah, it's frustrating to be a student :lol: Just got an e-mail from them which said the set shipped yesterday. :mrgreen:
Pabo le clown !

Post by Pabo le clown ! »

Yes ! Shipped too ! :P
bobkind3

Post by bobkind3 »

Hats off to DVDPlanet - got mine shipped to UK for a total of $98 including only $2.99 shipping (which I can't believe got it across the Atlantic in about 10 days). Also no prohibitive customs charge. That about £67 (damn our currency collapse!) so I'll definately use the again. Thanks to Dugpa for the heads up about the discount coupon.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

No prob, but it was Pete Martell that did the detective work to find the best price. I just passed the message along.

-B
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

bobkind3 wrote:Hats off to DVDPlanet - got mine shipped to UK for a total of $98 including only $2.99 shipping (which I can't believe got it across the Atlantic in about 10 days). Also no prohibitive customs charge. That about £67 (damn our currency collapse!) so I'll definately use the again. Thanks to Dugpa for the heads up about the discount coupon.
How did you use standard shipping?That's for the US only!98$ minus 3$ for shipping makes a 95$ total for the item,while it shouldn't cost more than 88$... :|
bobkind3

Post by bobkind3 »

How did you use standard shipping?That's for the US only!98$ minus 3$ for shipping makes a 95$ total for the item,while it shouldn't cost more than 88$...

Sorry - you're right, just checked billing info. $90.72 in total. I think they had some server problems because I couldn't view my order online. Excellent deal given that I usually get some custom charge slapped on (well the charge is minor but the postal service (Royal Mail) slap a standard £10 handling charge even if the duty is as small 50p!)
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

You are still the first person that managed to have standard shipping on an overseas order :?:
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Hi all - well despite my moaning & bitching I've now secured a copy of this set! I was pleased with the service i received from the seller so would like to recommend them for anyone buying from within the UK.

I ordered from the USA company CAIMAN via AMAZON UK. They were offering the set for £70 via their Caiman Bargain imprint. What impressed me was that they depatched the box the same day I ordered it, I received it in only 7 days (and this is in the week before Christmas), and there was no trouble whatsoever with Customs & Excise - in fact the box appeared to have been sent from within the UK. Not sure how they work it - maybe they send batches of goods over to the UK prior to advertising them for sale - but however they do it they are very competent at supplying to the UK. I've used caiman dozens and dozens of times actually and they are consistently excellent - and no, I'm not an employee or a share holder!!!
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

cubist wrote: I ordered from the USA company CAIMAN via AMAZON UK. They were offering the set for £70 via their Caiman Bargain imprint.
I got a question about the condition of the dvd set because on amazon.co.uk it says that the Lime green set that Caiman is offering is only in used like new condition. So can you please let me know about the quality of the box set ? Did they send you a new one originally sealed in plastic foil or did they sent a used version ?
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Mb3 wrote:
cubist wrote: I ordered from the USA company CAIMAN via AMAZON UK. They were offering the set for £70 via their Caiman Bargain imprint.
I got a question about the condition of the dvd set because on amazon.co.uk it says that the Lime green set that Caiman is offering is only in used like new condition. So can you please let me know about the quality of the box set ? Did they send you a new one originally sealed in plastic foil or did they sent a used version ?
Hi Mb3 - yes I saw that when i ordered it and decided that as long as it was "like new" then I could live with it. However, having now received the item,which was sealed in platic foil (though that doesn't prove anything really), it sure looks like a brand new copy to me - all DVDs are spotless, no marks on the box, it contains the sheet of paper advertising his Lynch Coffee... I think it's new.

It was also very well packaged to minimise damage in transit.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Thanks a lot for the quick reply cubist. I think I'm going to order a copy even though the price is a little bit over 80 pounds right now. Anyway it's still cheaper to buy it there than on all of the other sites so thanks again for the hint cubist.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Mb3 wrote:Thanks a lot for the quick reply cubist. I think I'm going to order a copy even though the price is a little bit over 80 pounds right now. Anyway it's still cheaper to buy it there than on all of the other sites so thanks again for the hint cubist.
The way poor old sterling is going it may well be £90 next week! I agree that it is the cheapest price available for the UK that i've seen. Go get it mate.