Out Yonder

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Christian1989

Out Yonder

Postby Christian1989 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:41 am

How many (known) episodes are there besides Neighbor Boy, Teeth and Chicken if any?
cubist

Re: Out Yonder

Postby cubist » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:11 am

None I hope! :wink: sorry - couldn't resist it. I don't quite get these Out Yonder pieces. Are they supposed to be humourous?
jlyon1515

Postby jlyon1515 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:22 pm

cubist wrote:None I hope! :wink: sorry - couldn't resist it. I don't quite get these Out Yonder pieces. Are they supposed to be humourous?

Welcome to Lynch's world on davidlynch.com. :) He's ambiguous. Just like when he put that girls "warm" (his words) panties in his mouth on camera.

Lynch is sort of ambiguous in most of his work. I mean, there is good and bad characters, but even then sometimes that line is vague. Perfect example: the little man from another place. I've never thought he was a bad character. Others disagree. Whatever he is, it's not about if he's bad or good, it's more just about his character. Lynch doesn't like "typecasting" the characters.
thewoodstove

Postby thewoodstove » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:45 pm

I think they're definitely meant to be comedy, but more so, an exploration of a very particular vocal pattern.

I wonder where "bees bein'" came from. :idea: :?:
gojikranz

Postby gojikranz » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:25 am

these films definately ride the line between tedious and hilarious. it seems just as i am about ot fall asleep i start laughing out loud i dont know. very strange i dont know if i really want anymore or not but i would not say no if he offered them.

Return to “DAVID LYNCH”