Out Yonder

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Out Yonder

Post by Christian1989 »

How many (known) episodes are there besides Neighbor Boy, Teeth and Chicken if any?
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Re: Out Yonder

Post by cubist »

None I hope! :wink: sorry - couldn't resist it. I don't quite get these Out Yonder pieces. Are they supposed to be humourous?
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

cubist wrote:None I hope! :wink: sorry - couldn't resist it. I don't quite get these Out Yonder pieces. Are they supposed to be humourous?
Welcome to Lynch's world on davidlynch.com. :) He's ambiguous. Just like when he put that girls "warm" (his words) panties in his mouth on camera.

Lynch is sort of ambiguous in most of his work. I mean, there is good and bad characters, but even then sometimes that line is vague. Perfect example: the little man from another place. I've never thought he was a bad character. Others disagree. Whatever he is, it's not about if he's bad or good, it's more just about his character. Lynch doesn't like "typecasting" the characters.
thewoodstove

Post by thewoodstove »

I think they're definitely meant to be comedy, but more so, an exploration of a very particular vocal pattern.

I wonder where "bees bein'" came from. :idea: :?:
gojikranz

Post by gojikranz »

these films definately ride the line between tedious and hilarious. it seems just as i am about ot fall asleep i start laughing out loud i dont know. very strange i dont know if i really want anymore or not but i would not say no if he offered them.