Lynch in Russia and Ukraine

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

areeng

Re: Lynch in Russia and Ukraine

Post by areeng »

I promised to tell about Josie. To say honestly, the answer was not very interesting, because we made a mistake :( We wanted to ask, how the idea came to turn Josie to a handle. But the guy who asked the question, he was so excited and he mixed it up He asked, what does it mean And you know how Lynch doesn't like to answer such questions. So he answered: "Transformations. I guess, in the field of all possibilities, we can all end up as door handles one day. Hopefully we'll not."That's all :roll:
RStandfest wrote:Hello,
I was wondering, aside from the catalog published by the Cartier Foundation for "The Air is On Fire," was there another, different catalog for this exhibition in Moscow?
If you are talking about the materials from our site, it is not catalog, it's just small brochure for press. Journalists got these materials to get acquainted.
As someone living in the United States, I am endlessly frustrated by the fact that one of our own artists cannot seem to find a venue to show in his own country. Why on earth "The Air is On Fire" is not being seen in America is beyond me. In the past two years, Lynch has had exhibitions in France, Italy, Germany, Spain and Russia, but not a single showing of his work in the U.S.
We asked quite the similar question about exhibition in Ukraine. And Lynch asked: "Surely, it can be exhibition here in Kyiv, you just need someone who organize it". So... :wink: