Short Film in the vein of Lynch

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ryanrussellsmith1

Short Film in the vein of Lynch

Post by Ryanrussellsmith1 »

Hey all you crazy Lynch fans,

I recently wrote/produced a short film that I think may resonate with fans of Lynch. Part of a Canon/vimeo contest that enlists filmmakers to continue on a story from a preceding short's still- we aimed for a Lynchian tone with the short (although much had to be edited due to time constraints). Being a fan of M. Drive/Blue Velvet/Inland Empire, et al we really thought taking it in this direction would serve us well, and it did.

Our entry, The Seer, was shot in the DC-area, guerrilla style on a shoestring and produced and edited in span of six days. We have been nominated as a Top Five Finalist by a number of industry heavyweight judges, including a LucasFilm producer, Pulitzer prize and academy award winners. To win this span of the campaign we have receive the most public votes. If you have the time please check our film here on the Vimeo Beyond the Still Contest (please google it- they don't let new users post direct links)

If we win we will be flown to LA to shoot another short- with that short and The Seer being submitted as a whole to Sundance, Cannes, and the rest of the festival circuit.

If you dig the film, please vote for us and pass it on-voting ends tomm (Thursday night).

Instructions if you wish to vote for us:
Google vimeo beyond the still

Register an account. Confirm through email. Go back to the site

...and vote for The Seer.

It takes about 1 minute to complete. We appreciate your support.

Thanks for your time,

Ryan
Roger
Roadhouse Member

Re: Short Film in the vein of Lynch

Post by Roger »

That was pretty cool. I enjoyed watching it.
Great job.
-Roger

"If you don't clean up. You're screwed."- David Lynch - LAMP

Read my new book on horror host Dr. Paul Bearer:
https://www.createspace.com/4132884

Doctor Xombie Horror Host:
ww.DOCTORXOMBIE.com