Huffington Post article on "David Wants to Fly"

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Huffington Post article on "David Wants to Fly"

Post by bosguy1981 »

I spotted this article on The Huffington Post this morning. I haven't had my coffee yet and don't know what to make of this, but I figured I'd share.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/karin-bad ... 45857.html
brokentiny
Roadhouse Member

Re: Huffington Post article on "David Wants to Fly"

Post by brokentiny »

Very well rounded and fair review/article and the comments were quite good too. I'd be keen to see this documentary in the name of fairness.
There is something important to be said
Roger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Roger »

It does sound interesting. Thanx for pointing that out.

It would probably be worth it just for the Lynch interview.
I just love hearing him talk about his art. I think that's like meditation itself.
-Roger

"If you don't clean up. You're screwed."- David Lynch - LAMP

Read my new book on horror host Dr. Paul Bearer:
https://www.createspace.com/4132884

Doctor Xombie Horror Host:
ww.DOCTORXOMBIE.com
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

I'm repeating my post from elsewhere, but I loved the documentary and I also practice TM. I find no contradiction whatsoever.

It was well put together, very informative and completely eye opening. I think the director was very fair and was looking for answers to questions any of us would have asked. It's not so much about TM being a cult but rather how absolute power can corrupt. I think anyone who practices TM should see it.

Questioning one's believes will either strengthen your resolve and beliefs or make you realize you're following the wrong path. Simple as that.

As for David Lynch suing. He never did. I think he just wanted to make sure his interviews weren't taken out of context, and they weren't at all. David is not portrayed in a bad light at all! He actually tells the young David to seek out his own truth and if others want to be negative, they can just simply go away. No one is forcing them to try TM.

You have to be able to differentiate between a personal practice and the institution that is running it. Not much different from personal spirituality/teachings people follow and the various churches that try to co-op it.