Lynch 3 kickstarter

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Lynch 3 kickstarter

Post by Neosmith »

So, the creators of the Lynch docs are now raising money via kickstarter to make the Lynch 3 documentary. They have some pretty cool rewards to hand out to a participating lynch fan, so if you're interested, then contribute before the end of the campaign:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lyn ... ynch-three

The doc will be funded in any case - it's already met and surpassed its original goal.

Quote from the website:
OUR GOAL is to make a film that deeply explores the influences and experiences that have helped shape one of the most distinctive voices in modern cinema: David Lynch. It has been six years since we completed the first two parts of the documentary series and we are now ready to complete the third and final part. To do this we have chosen to partially finance the film via Kickstarter so that we retain 100% creative control of the film. We’re in the process of finishing the film, but need your help in order to do it. That’s why we’re reaching out to all David Lynch fans.

Having been given unparalleled access to David, we are thrilled to have the opportunity to tell his story. We would like to take you along as we dig deeper into a world that is uniquely his. We will ask how the last 60 years, with all that's come and gone, has helped to shape the artist, David Lynch.
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: Lynch 3 kickstarter

Post by Annie »

Neosmith, I hope this is my old friend from LJ and the Twin Peaks Fan!! Thanks for this information.
Great pictures on that site!!
PM me or write me in LJ. :D
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Neosmith
Roadhouse Member

Post by Neosmith »

One and the same.

I'll be honest I haven't been on LJ in ages - but it's good to be back on a forum for discussing Lynch. Btw, has TP Fan gone offline permanently? Are there any threads archived?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Nice to see you here, Neosmith! TP Fan is deader than a doornail, but this place is MUCH better. In case you haven't noticed, the Twin Peaks Gazette also was closed down but just a few months ago.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
brokentiny
Roadhouse Member

Post by brokentiny »

I'm a long time fan and follower, so please excuse my ignorance...could someone explain what 'Lynch 2' actually is?
Cheers.
There is something important to be said
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

brokentiny wrote:I'm a long time fan and follower, so please excuse my ignorance...could someone explain what 'Lynch 2' actually is?
Cheers.
Lynch One was a feature length documentary shot during the making of Inland Empire.
Lynch Two was a short continuation of that, released as a bonus feature on the IE dvd.
Lynch Three is a proposed third documentary in the series.
brokentiny
Roadhouse Member

Post by brokentiny »

jmichael wrote:
brokentiny wrote:I'm a long time fan and follower, so please excuse my ignorance...could someone explain what 'Lynch 2' actually is?
Cheers.
Lynch One was a feature length documentary shot during the making of Inland Empire.
Lynch Two was a short continuation of that, released as a bonus feature on the IE dvd.
Lynch Three is a proposed third documentary in the series.
Ahhh gotcha...Lynch 2 on the IE DVD kinda seemed like an extended trailer for Lynch 1 which is why I was confused. Thanks.
There is something important to be said
Odnetnin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Odnetnin »

This still isn't out yet lol
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

Lynch 3 goes under the name "David Lynch the art life" by now and has been released to film festivals (it premiered on Venice Film Festival 2016) and will be widely released this spring. It's the same folks behind both Lynch (one) and David Lynch the art life. I watched it yesterday actually. Great documentary!

Skickat från min A0001 via Tapatalk
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

NightTimeMyTime wrote:Lynch 3 goes under the name "David Lynch the art life" by now and has been released to film festivals (it premiered on Venice Film Festival 2016) and will be widely released this spring. It's the same folks behind both Lynch (one) and David Lynch the art life. I watched it yesterday actually. Great documentary!

Good to know that it's finally available to watch. Can you please give me a short summary of the whole movie ?
NightTimeMyTime
Roadhouse Member

Post by NightTimeMyTime »

You can read about it on IMDB and through a lot of reviews, but in summary;

David Lynch himself tells us about his childhood, his youth and his relationship to art. His paintings and his early films, or "moving paintings". The documentary shows a lot of early private photos and home movies from his time before he became a famous artist and Lynch opens up with his own voice about his family and how he became the person he is today. A lot of interesting anecdotes, both fun and twisted, like his art. It is not just a complement or a continuation of Lynch (one) but a very well made documentary about an original icon and about the art life in itself. A portrait for art enthusiasts and fans of Lynch's work. The documentary gets you to know him better and at the same time makes him an even more complex person. 8 out of 10. Extra plus to the fantastic sound design, worthy to a docu on one of the few great masters of sound movies.

Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Thanks for the informative roundup NightTimeMyTime. I'll check out some more reviews but your input was also very helpful.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

It benefits from being far more cohesive than the IE-era Lynch documentaries, but in a way, I preferred those, because my favorite parts were the on-set footage which is (expectedly) absent here. DKL fans will have heard or read many of the anecdotes before, but there's some terrific old home video footage, and the juxtaposition between him as a new first-time impoverished dad to him as a 70-year-old with a very young daughter in an expansive Hollywood home is well done. Way too many prolonged shots of him staring off into the distance while smoking, though.
misterroundheels

Post by misterroundheels »

Just caught this yesterday. There's one shot where you can read a page of his some notes for the new season of Twin Peaks. I thought I read something pretty crazy on there.
Odnetnin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Odnetnin »

misterroundheels wrote:Just caught this yesterday. There's one shot where you can read a page of his some notes for the new season of Twin Peaks. I thought I read something pretty crazy on there.
Please spoil it for me