Agave and Water Circus?

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Agave and Water Circus?

Post by qbin2001 »

Can anyone tell me what was Agave (3 episodes ?), Water Circus (3 episodes ?) and Emily game on old Lynch's site?
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Re: Agave and Water Circus?

Post by John Neff »

Yes. 'Agave' was a time-lapse experiment in which we locked down a digital video camera under a weather-proof hood and left it on intervalometer, where it would shoot a couple of frames every so often (I forget the interval now) 24 hours a day. The Agave plant blooms once, reaches an incredible height, then dies. So for a period of months we tracked this thing's growth and bloom, then death. Then Dave and I did sound effects and atmospherics and music and he cut it into however many episodes it was, and we put it on the site.

'Water Circus' was a Rube Goldberg sort of water-powered copper and brass art piece in a garden in Dave's back yard. You turned on the water, and its flow made all sorts of things move and trigger each other. we shot it from several angles, then Dave made some music to go with it and cut it up for the site. It was kind of hypnotic and fun.

'Emily' was a game Dave devised in which if you clicked on the correct sequence of colored dots, Emily would lose a piece of clothing, until she was nude. It was actually fairly difficult to do. And this was when Emily was a model for him, not his wife.

There were other experiments that were a lot of fun, like tracking Venus and Jupiter through the evening sky and setting that to atmospherics and music, and the last serious thing we did, called 'Boat'.

Hope this helps.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

John Neff wrote:Hope this helps.
Thank you very much, John! :D

I had access to the site from 2002 to 2003 and i messed few last published things. I'd be cool if David could put all of the videos somewhere (for archival purposes). Only a small part made their way to DVD/Bluray. Some of them was really fun (I love "Head and the Hammer"). There were also so many funny 'no daily whether today' shorts. And many short forms he did (e.g. ads) are amazing and very hard to find (or available in horrible quality). Maybe some sort of official channel on You Tube would be good idea?
Last edited by qbin2001 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Ha! I forgot about 'Head with Hammer'!

Did I meet you? Are/were you part of Marek's crew, CamerImage?
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

John Neff wrote:Ha! I forgot about 'Head with Hammer'!

Did I meet you? Are/were you part of Marek's crew, CamerImage?
Unfortunately, no.

Any news about studio in Lodz? Is this project dead?

And one more question: What was "Wow wow" (2004) on the site?