American Chronicles

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Si78
RR Diner Member

American Chronicles

Post by Si78 »

This is the only David Lynch project I have never seen.

I know little about it other than it was a short-lived documentary project aired on FOX that he did with Mark Frost around the time of Twin Peaks.

This is the only Lynch project I have never been able to find. Does anyone know of a torrent, a "fan preservation DVD", tapes available for trade or anything along those lines?

I'd really like this to complete my collection.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

It's out there if you look for it.

Know though, that there's very little material that was actually done by Lynch. This was a compliation of short documentaries made by other filmmakers, though the show was produced by Lynch & Frost. One episode is avialble on commerical videotape, "Hugh Hefner: Once Upon a Time," which was released by Playboy home video.
wallydanger
Roadhouse Member

Post by wallydanger »

jmichael wrote:It's out there if you look for it.

Know though, that there's very little material that was actually done by Lynch. This was a compliation of short documentaries made by other filmmakers, though the show was produced by Lynch & Frost. One episode is avialble on commerical videotape, "Hugh Hefner: Once Upon a Time," which was released by Playboy home video.
I was about to start a thread about this, then saw this one. I wonder what directors were used, and if the episodes were all commissioned or if some might have already been produced and were bought and then edited for the series.

Has Lynch ever talked about this series in interviews, or been asked about it? It's sure to be interesting and I'd love to see it.

I've yet to learn how to use torrents. If someone could PM me with basic instructions and requirements I'd be in your debt forever.
"Do you see creamed corn on that plate?"
> Enter The Lodge
ecksemmess

Re: American Chronicles

Post by ecksemmess »

Bump. I've desperately wanted to see this series for years, and have definitely looked for it. No luck, checked on video collectors' sites, eBay, amazon, P2Ps, BitTorrent, etc. Nothing.

Help, someone! :)
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

This is the most elusive DL related thing ever.If it's not on P2P,it isn't available.Maybe someone taped it,but...
neverwakingworld
Roadhouse Member

Post by neverwakingworld »

I haven't had the time to watch them yet but it looks like someone named Gary Grossman posted several episodes on Vimeo.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

neverwakingworld wrote:I haven't had the time to watch them yet but it looks like someone named Gary Grossman posted several episodes on Vimeo.
Oh God! Thank you for info! I lost hopes to see that again years ago.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

David Lynch is said to have co-directed an episode called "Champions", i'm 95% i actually found this episode on a now dead Vimeo channel or something, and while i was watching the credits and waiting for the DKL credits THERE WAS NONE.. so i think it's a false rumour that has spread like that weird '80s drag video that they wanted to do in Lynch style (can't remember the bands name) but "Champions" only had produced by Mark Frost, directed by whoever it was and a LYNCH / FROST productions at the end. i'm 95% sure of this but it can be a false memory, i'm going to do some more research.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

claaa7 wrote:David Lynch is said to have co-directed an episode called "Champions", i'm 95% i actually found this episode on a now dead Vimeo channel or something, and while i was watching the credits and waiting for the DKL credits THERE WAS NONE.. so i think it's a false rumour that has spread like that weird '80s drag video that they wanted to do in Lynch style (can't remember the bands name) but "Champions" only had produced by Mark Frost, directed by whoever it was and a LYNCH / FROST productions at the end. i'm 95% sure of this but it can be a false memory, i'm going to do some more research.
In the David Bushman book, Mark confirms that Lynch never directed an episode of this show, and indeed had almost nothing to do with it. Mark doesn’t think Lynch even watched an episode after the first one.

For his part, Mark says he doesn’t believe he directed any episodes after the Mardi Gras-themed pilot (although, FWIW, he also forgets that he wrote Episode 2 of On the Air...but his memory generally seems very sharp overall). It sounds like this was very much Mark’s baby, though.