David Lynch's next camera?

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DarkGlobe

David Lynch's next camera?

Post by DarkGlobe »

I just wondered if anyone knew if David Lynch has moved on from the Sony PD150 yet and what he might be shooting with now? I know he said he was keen to go High Definition so maybe he's already using a Sony Z1 now - or one of the other recent HDV cameras which have a better filmlook - anyone have any idea on this?
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Inquiring minds, and up and coming film makers, want to know.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Re: David Lynch's next camera?

Post by Red Room »

DarkGlobe wrote:I know he said he was keen to go High Definition so maybe he's already using a Sony Z1 now...
I was sure that he said he didn't like the HD look, but of course I may be completely wrong...
DarkGlobe

Post by DarkGlobe »

I read that he shot the film with using Autofocus on, Auto White Balance, Auto Iris. These things are usually unheard of for a 'professional' shoot. But if they work for Lynch, ya can't knock them. Apparantly someone was showing him a HD camera (possibly the JVC HDV one) and he wasn't interested because it only had manual focus.
I bet he will get the new XDCAM EX camcorder that sony has announced. It looks like a filmmakers dream (no I dont work for sony). Film quality high definition video without the hassle of tapes. Just hope it has autofocus though...