Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Lynch rated and ranked

Post by Johnsusername »

Consequence of Sound have reviewed and rated all of Lynch's films -

http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/10/d ... vid-lynch/

Very interesting and quite entertaining. I wouldn't agree with the ranking, but it's all subjective I guess. The only thing I really disagree with is the description of FWWM as "a mess...fumbled in the editing room...missed the mark".

I personally think it's a psychological horror masterpiece! Probably my favourite Lynch film.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: Lynch rated and ranked

Post by LostInTheMovies »

By "fumbled in the editing room" I hope they don't mean "he should hve left in all the scenes with the townspeople." I'd dispute that assessment regardless but if they're making that argument they *really* don't get it.

And yeah, I know I could check myself, and eventually I will, but I'm pretty averse to listicles, especially on my phone... And anyway wanted I post that sentiment here regardless of whether it's applicable in this case.
djerdap
RR Diner Member

Post by djerdap »

I loved Gary Hershberger's performance in the traffic jam sequence in FWWM as MIKE. Such an incredible, chameleon-like actor. ;)
Last edited by djerdap on Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://thirtythreexthree.wordpress.com/ - 33x3: 33 favourite films by 33 directors, 33 favourite books by 33 authors, 33 favourite albums by 33 musicians and 3 favourite TV series
Johnsusername
Roadhouse Member

Post by Johnsusername »

The traffic jam sequence is amazing. In the dark, with the volume up to 11, it's very unsettling.
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

djerdap wrote:I loved Gary Hershberger's performance in the traffic jam sequence in FWWM as MIKE. Such an incredible, chameleon-like actor. ;)
It recently occurred to me that Nadine injures Mike's...left hand in ep. 28. It would still be kind of wild if s3 linked up the two Mikes (and Bobs) somehow. I wouldn't put it past them.