Great Northern Member

Re: Crazy Clown Time vs The Big Dream

Post by claaa7 »

The Big Dream for me, i actually like it a lot better
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: Crazy Clown Time vs The Big Dream

Post by claaa7 »

i listened quite a lot to "The Big Dream" lately, and once or twice to "Crazy Clown Time".. as i said above TBD is miles better. Lynch feels much more secure in his role as a musician, and while i still don't think that either of his albums are great music TBD creates a pretty cool atmosphere and has a nice minimalist blues vibe to the whole proceedings. some of the stuff on "Clown" are pretty good but some of it sounds like an album made by a non-musician not knowing what he's doing. some of it has me shaking my head in disbelief that this is actually serious on his part.

he got one of the worst singing voices ever but with all the echo and vocoder effects it works in small doses.. i absolutely LOVED the "Strange What Love Does..." track in IE (which was the first solo Lynch i heard) but hearing that voice for 70 minutes straight is not a good thing. it sounds so much better when Karen O or Lykke Li steps in. hopefully he uses more collaborators instead of "singing" everything by himself.