Late 90s Television Interview/Q&A

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

micpoc

Late 90s Television Interview/Q&A

Post by micpoc »

I was wondering if anyone on the forum recalls an interview DL did on television back in the late 1990s (probably). What I recall is that it appeared on IFC, and I THINK it was held at a film school, with students in the audience. My strongest memory of it is DL having a slight cough and apologizing because he wanted a cigarette. The moderator told him it would be OK to have one, and he said something like, "Man, that would be BEAUTIFUL!"... then he lights up.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
HungerCity

Re: Late 90s Television Interview/Q&A

Post by HungerCity »

I think this might be his interview with Elvis Mitchell. I don't see it online anywhere, so I'll have to dig up my old tape of IFC's "Lynch Who Stole Christmas" marathon.
micpoc

Post by micpoc »

Elvis Mitchell! I knew he was familiar. I'll bet you are right. Would love to see it again, if you or someone else is able to upload it.

Thanks!
HungerCity

Post by HungerCity »

I uploaded the video. Yup, he lights up onstage! It's about 19 minutes in, when he talks about Twin Peaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jGS9ShytTs
micpoc

Post by micpoc »

Wow! Thanks so much, HungerCity! I'm surprised I remember it so accurately... not many things I can say THAT about...
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

HungerCity wrote:I uploaded the video. Yup, he lights up onstage! It's about 19 minutes in, when he talks about Twin Peaks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jGS9ShytTs
Thank you very much for uploading!