David Lynch Fan Club open in Second Life

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

John Neff
Roadhouse Member

David Lynch Fan Club open in Second Life

Post by John Neff »

There is a David Lynch Fan Club open in Second Life. If you have an Avatar, log in and search in Groups for David Lynch Fan Club. Join. Look in group for Group Notices, and see the announcement about the Grand Opening. There is a Teleport address there. Take the trip and see the sights! You'll see a map when you get there. Push any map buttons and teleport to the various sights and sounds. Have a 'Pain au Chocolat' in the cafe, tour the Jack Nance Tribute in the Gallery. Listen to BlueBOB whilst there. Visit the Goth Club. Enjoy your Virtual Vacation by the sea!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hey John--don't know if the masses are as ignorant as I was, but you might want to explain what Second Life is and give us the web address. I can't wait to go check it out!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Hi, Annie. Second Life is a virtual world built at www.secondlife.com, where you can wander about and experience all kinds of things. Many companies are holding meetings in SL, and build display areas, etc. You can be anything/anyone you want. You interact with others face to face, so to speak, in a chat world on steroids! Now, let me make it clear that this site is not mine, but I contributed some material for it. The Jack Nance exhibit was put in by a guy in Germany. It's a pretty amazing place. There are no membership fees in SL if you just want to explore. If you want to 'buy' land and other goodies, you have to purchase a subscription membership. I will be performing in some live music shows in the club there, as you can stream in live material and people can come to the venue and enjoy the show.
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Hi. The owner of the club will be hosting some Grand Opening festivities today (Sunday) from about 11am on. I will stop in from time to time and hope to see some of you there. The BlueBOB 'Thank You, Judge!" video is playing in the theatre, the Goth Club has the Hellfire Pit Hot Tub fired up. Come into the David Lynch Fan Club area and have a glass of Chateau D. Lynch Bages red wine, a serving of Foie Gras on Toast Points, smoke an American Spirit 'Health' cigarette without any risk of cancer, and mill about with other members. The German host of the Jack Nance Gallery will there, and there are BlueBOB pix on display that have never been published, along with one of Dave and I recording an early tune.
See you there or be Square!