LYNCH (one) Theatrical Release

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I guess if you think about it, we have had a long time to save up with no new releases. But then there weren't any notices either that something new was coming. Unless somebody knew and didn't tell us. Aren't we still waiting for FWWM with deleted scenes? All these new releases are my complete update into DVDs. I don't even have a good TV to watch them on, but I'm not taking the chance of losing out on getting these now. (I totally missed out on TP Season 1, so I was pretty happy to see it all in one box.) And if it comes out on Blu-Ray or something fancier, too bad!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:I agree with you 100% about the import, Red Room. I dread to think how much I've spent on import duties and international shipping over the last few years.

And I know what you mean about pre-ordering the Gold Box, Annie. DL and Twin Peaks products have been flying at us thick and fast this year. I've kept up so far but can feel myself flagging and haven't got round to ordering the Gold Box yet.

I'm actually daring myself to pack my DL collection away and spend my time and money on other things, at least for the forseeable future. I think I've reached saturation point, and if I'm honest the horrific increase in DL.com shipping fees, the lack of UK releases for books, DVDs and CDs and the circus surrounding the FWWM deleted scenes have left a bad taste in my mouth. I love the work (INLAND EMPIRE, The Air Is On Fire, Catching The Big Fish, Twin Peaks season two, Dynamic No. 1, Snowmen, David Lynch coffee etc. etc.) but every single one of these things has been imported or bought from the Air Is On Fire exhibition in Paris and being a DL 'fan' has become excessively time consuming, not to mention expensive.
amen to that bro'. I'm thoroughly sick of ordering all my DL from the States. It takes an age to actually arrive and the postage /duty costs are very excessive. I've now been waiting three weeks for my IE soundtrack to crawl over from the states and now we have a damn postal strike. The Gold Box will be inmpossible to import wiothout paying excess duty so lets hope it does emerge in Europe at least. I've actually given up waiting for any kind of UK release of interest. It sucks. Not DL's fault i know but still, its an expensive hobby being a DL fan in the UK.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

We got a little off-track there. Posts in this thread are for the discussion of Lynch (one) and possibly extras on IE if there is a connection. Thanks!
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Annie wrote:We got a little off-track there. Posts in this thread are for the discussion of Lynch (one) and possibly extras on IE if there is a connection. Thanks!
Sorry! :D My part of the UK being the cultural back yard it is, I don't expect to see Lynch #1 play ANYWHERE at all! So I'll be waiting for the region 1 disc from the States no doubt!! :wink:

I was interested to read here that there is no crossover between Lynch 1 & 2. Lynch 2 with its sudden "10 minutes later...." captions comes across like Lynch 1 but with those 10 minute segments missing. That's what i assumed anyway -very surprised that this was not the case.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

cubist wrote:
Annie wrote:We got a little off-track there. Posts in this thread are for the discussion of Lynch (one) and possibly extras on IE if there is a connection. Thanks!
Sorry! :D My part of the UK being the cultural back yard it is, I don't expect to see Lynch #1 play ANYWHERE at all! So I'll be waiting for the region 1 disc from the States no doubt!! :wink:

I was interested to read here that there is no crossover between Lynch 1 & 2. Lynch 2 with its sudden "10 minutes later...." captions comes across like Lynch 1 but with those 10 minute segments missing. That's what i assumed anyway -very surprised that this was not the case.
Isn't it something like "The first 10 minutes", then the second and third, as opposed to "10 minutes later"? i didn't think there was any chronology to the clips shown in Lynch 2.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

twin-b wrote:
cubist wrote:

Isn't it something like "The first 10 minutes", then the second and third, as opposed to "10 minutes later"? i didn't think there was any chronology to the clips shown in Lynch 2.
Hmmmm.. you may well be correct sir! I'll have another look...
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

New thread created to discuss DVD details and other related items to DVD.

viewtopic.php?p=4023#4023

All, if you could do me a favor, please...

If a discussion is going off topic, please create a new thread for the new discussion and link to the new thread from the original thread.

If you want, please cut and paste your posts over to the new thread. It will help me out a lot with keeping this place in order.

Also, be kind to your Admin. She works hard to keep things running.

Any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thanks

The Management
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hey, just asking if anybody went to Seattle to see Lynch (one) on the big screen?! I have a feeling it won't be coming to my town.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
belacqua

Post by belacqua »

I saw Lynch (one) in Seattle. I enjoyed it overall, there is great footage of Lynch's home/studio which I particularly liked. There are some great scenes of Lynch telling stories from his life surrounding the filming of the daily reports. You can really get a more developed feel for Lynch's mindset during the early phases of INLAND EMPIRE when he was really experimenting without a sense for the film as a whole yet.

Although I must agree with some previous posts about how the filmmakers used too many filters and "weird" effects which hindered the storytelling and made it seem more amateur then it should. Also, there is random blurry black and white train footage mixed throughout the film, which doesn't add anything in my opinion.

The director mentioned that he's going to take a year off, and then make Lynch (Three). I look forward to that, as he mentioned Lynch (One) is his first film, "Three" hopefully will have a more polished style.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thank you for posting, belacqua. You must be the first person (other than the esteemed producer) to have seen it so far. Welcome to our forum!
Papageno

Lynch Doc in London.

Post by Papageno »

I saw the Lynch(one) documentary in London last night, along with the Lynch 2 film, which I had seen on the Region 1 DVD but which, I'm assuming, not many other people had seen. A lot of Lynch enthusiasts showed up to see the films. The documentary was surprisingly funny, mainly due to Lynch himself, who absolutely shined at every moment. I thought it gave great insight into Lynch's personality and took an admirably subdued and unobtrusive approach that gels well with how Lynch is as a person. The film actually looked a lot like IE, probably just because they both used DV. It seemed like the 50+ people who showed up were big Lynch fans -- the people who hosted the event even played Julee Cruise's Floating Into the Night(!). It set the mood perfectly for the movie, and I think everyone had a great time. Too bad Lynch himself wasn't there for questioning! But Jon, the producer, who I saw recently posted on the boards, was really nice and (very kindly) answered a lot of audience members' questions. I look forward to the third documentary!
themanfromanotherplace

Post by themanfromanotherplace »

Hi,

I am new here, my English is not so good but i hope you will understand what i mean.

I have preorderd the INLAND EMPIRE/LYNCH ONE dvd from amazon, in Japan.
It is going to be released next year in February.

I dont know if the Lynch One docu is going to be released were i live (the Netherlands).