What have Lynch been up to for the last year?

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Radiatorlady

What have Lynch been up to for the last year?

Post by Radiatorlady »

Does anybody know what Lynch has been doing after he finished TP one year ago?

As far as I know, there is the Festival of Disruption in LA and NYC, the book "Nudes" published by the Fondation Cartier, Working at Idem (Paris printing house), releasing the short film "What Did Jack Do?" (shot in 2016), as well as doing film festivals, exhibitions and promoting transcendental meditation.

I guess I am curious if there is anything new to see. The short film, book and artworks seems interesting. More Twin Peaks would be nice, but more artistic work in any medium would be great as well. Films, shorts, art, books, music etc.

Does anybody know anything about this?
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Re: What have Lynch been up to for the last year?

Post by TheArm »

He's also been working on a memoir/biography of sorts called Room to Dream, that will be published next month.

Not aware of any new film or TV projects, though. It sounds like he's mostly been just painting and doing his own thing. I think making Twin Peaks: The Return was a MASSIVE, Herculean task (it's fairly unprecedented for one director to co-write and direct ALL 18 hours of a show, in addition to being very involved in the editing, sound design, etc.), so I'm sure he's taking some time to himself. It sort of felt to me like his big last magnum opus to me, so I wasn't expecting much else from him after TP, but I'd love to be surprised!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob
Roadhouse Member

Post by Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob »

Radiatorlady wrote:Does anybody know what Lynch has been doing after he finished TP one year ago?

,,,the short film "What Did Jack Do?" (shot in 2016)
I guess I've been out of the loop as well, as this is the first I've heard of this short film!

Does anyone know where I can watch it? My initial Internet searches have come up with nothing, and Lynch's Website hasn't been updated in years, it seems (as usual).
"Now it's dark....."
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Bob_Dobbs_Blue_Bob wrote:
Radiatorlady wrote:Does anybody know what Lynch has been doing after he finished TP one year ago?

,,,the short film "What Did Jack Do?" (shot in 2016)
I guess I've been out of the loop as well, as this is the first I've heard of this short film!

Does anyone know where I can watch it? My initial Internet searches have come up with nothing, and Lynch's Website hasn't been updated in years, it seems (as usual).
I’ve been wondering about this, too. It seems like a pretty substantial short with an actual story of sorts, as opposed to some of DKL’s other recent shorts that are more mood pieces or music videos. It seems like this screened somewhere (Festival of Disruption?), but uncharacteristically for DKL, it doesn’t seem to have been released on the web. I wonder why. Is he planning to try to try to release it on some other platform? If he put the work in to make it, you’d think he would want to share it with the world.