David Lynch Signature Cup

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

Iar, I suspect it's because you ordered only the coffee? I ordered the DVD too, which pushed my total up beyond the £18 import allowance!

What bugs me is that the import duty is actually less than £4. Another £11 is added on for the inconvenience of UPS dealing with this obviously enormous problem...

The same happens from time to time when buying DVDs from playusa.com or movietyme.com if the total comes to more than £18.

I had just completely overlooked the possibility in my excitement and haste to order my goodies!
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

I didnt realise that! :shock: Thanks for the warning, incase I decide to order over £18 sometime. I feel your pain Asterisk...another £11 because of UPS?! Thats ridiculous!
oliver365

Post by oliver365 »

:lol: I can't believe all you people going nuts over David Lynch coffee....Whole Foods already sells it. The name of the company that made the blend for David Lynch is Allegro Coffee Company and they are owned by Whole Foods. The coffee you are all going gaga over is their Allegro Organic Espresso Sierra..............it's cheaper then buying it online as well.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

oliver365 wrote::lol: I can't believe all you people going nuts over David Lynch coffee....Whole Foods already sells it. The name of the company that made the blend for David Lynch is Allegro Coffee Company and they are owned by Whole Foods. The coffee you are all going gaga over is their Allegro Organic Espresso Sierra..............it's cheaper then buying it online as well.
That's great info oliver365. I didn't realize that. May I ask what source of info you have?
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
oliver365

Post by oliver365 »

I am personal friends with several people at Allegro and at Whole Foods plus a serious coffee drinker!
acc

Clearing up misinformation

Post by acc »

With regards to the David Lynch Coffee program, I would like to clarify a few things.

1. The coffee is great and well worth the buy.
2. The coffee is only available online at www.davidlynch.com
3. The coffees sold under the David Lynch private label are exclusive proprietary blends created with David and his team and are not the same as Allegro's Organic Espresso Sierra. One of the coffees is similar, but reflects changes that David personally chose to meet his specific flavor profile. David is an avid coffee drinker and I can assure you his coffees are delicious! By the way there is also a light roast and a decaf, check them out as well.
4. The specific coffee profile will never be shared as it is proprietary information, as with any private label program.
5. Sending multiple messages to WFM will not cause WFM to pick up the product.

Hopefully that answers any outstanding questions. Please do enjoy the coffee, as we all do and support the David Lynch Film Scholarship Fund, a great cause.

Best,
Allegro Coffee Company
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I just emailed the person from the Allegro Coffee Co. and told them what was going on. I wonder why they chose our site for that information. I know of at least 4 other sites that have been talking about it. Sounds pretty clear that somebody has been lying or maybe just confused? Also sounds like DL.com is the place to go.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I updated the site. I am guessing that they probably were thinking of making it available to Whole Foods and probably announced it prematurely.

-B
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Part of this is my responsibility. I am sure I saw an interview, now I can't remember where but it was a national newspaper, that said DL coffee was going to be sold at Whole Foods. Plus the idea of buying the coffee locally is attractive, as you can run down anytime you start jonesin' for a cup o' DL joe and load up. With no shipping costs.

So I hope there are no hard feelings. I didn't mean to start something, I honestly thought the coffee would be available at a market. I will buy some from the DL.com website. I can't wait.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

sloclub, don't worry about it at all! My local Whole Foods actually looked it up and said it was coming. I also think that with all the DL boards discussing this item, it's interesting they'd show up here. Well, I wrote the person who posted, so we'll see if she's really from Whole Foods.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Good point actually, they may be from the black lodge instead of Whole Foods.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Oh, sloclub, that's really funny!!! I really needed a good laugh tonight. (However, it does look like you can only get the coffee at DL.com; she never did write me back.)

You are great! :lol:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Got an email from Absurda. They are finalizing deals at retail locations right now, but can't say who they are yet. They should know in about 2 weeks or so. Will post something once it becomes solid.

-B
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

dugpa wrote:Got an email from Absurda. They are finalizing deals at retail locations right now, but can't say who they are yet. They should know in about 2 weeks or so. Will post something once it becomes solid.

-B
Rockin' good news!
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Fatso the wombat

Post by Fatso the wombat »

I was tempted to buy some, but the shipping... $28 for a tin of coffee...? And that's the cheaper option. That strikes me as somewhat expensive...