David Lynch Signature Cup

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I just came back from Whole Foods (Torrance) and unfortunately they didn't have the coffee there yet. However, I decided to leave one of those suggestion sheets on their bulletin board so hopefully they will stock it soon.

-B
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I, too, went to my local Whole Foods, not just in the hope that I don't look foolish, but to try and find some DL coffee. Like Dugpa, mine didn't have it yet but I left a suggestion that they stock it. The clerk was very enthusiastic and said they would look into it. He must have been a DL fan too.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

I'm gonna email Whole Foods and ask when they will stock it. I'll get back to you with I find out. If I don't come back, send in the Marines. Or is that the Maureens?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

This is getting funny. I went into Whole Foods last night and had somebody in customer service look it up in their computers, and it's coming, and it's in a black can (not sure about any coaster.) Sure beats the shipping price, though. The funniest thing was the clerk kept saying, "Who is David Lynch--is he a famous chef?" I'm not sure she believed me when I told her that he wasn't but a famous director.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
knowthyself

Post by knowthyself »

When you first open the can the smell of the coffee just hits you and its absolutely mouth watering. Its really some of the best coffee I've ever had to be perfectly honest. I tried the Organic House Roast and I am looking forward to trying the Espresso as well.

I haven't tried it with milk, its so delicious it really doesn't need it. Its also really strong, I got quite the caffeine buzz from just one cup.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

knowthyself wrote:When you first open the can the smell of the coffee just hits you and its absolutely mouth watering. Its really some of the best coffee I've ever had to be perfectly honest. I tried the Organic House Roast and I am looking forward to trying the Espresso as well.

I haven't tried it with milk, its so delicious it really doesn't need it. Its also really strong, I got quite the caffeine buzz from just one cup.
Wow, that sounds just great! I got an email back from Whole Foods customer service. They said that individual stores or regional store managers were responsible for ordering speciality items and they forwarded my request to my local Whole Foods store. That doesn't appear to jibe with what I've heard from other Whole Foods employees but we will see.
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

I just ordered my Signature Cup Espresso from the website. And I figured while I was there I may as well order a copy of Eraserhead, too. I mean, if you're paying $28 for shipping, or whatever it costs, you may as well make the most of it, right?

Worked out a total of just over £40 in UK money. Jeez, I've paid that for a single DVD before now, without shipping costs, so it's not so bad really.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

You're right Asterisk. Someday I'll stop being such a cheapskate.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Well, bummer, I just heard from the Whole Foods people and they said they didn't have any plans to carry DL's coffee at the Gateway store in Austin.

I went to another local hip market and asked them to see if they would carry it. This is gonna work one way or another.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

They are building a big Whole Foods just two blocks from my house. Yes! My favorite store :D
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

sloclub wrote:Well, bummer, I just heard from the Whole Foods people and they said they didn't have any plans to carry DL's coffee at the Gateway store in Austin.

I went to another local hip market and asked them to see if they would carry it. This is gonna work one way or another.
I'll post something on the site so people can email them to demand that they carry it one way or another.

-B
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Okay, I'll try again.
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hey, dugpa, thanks for posting that form on the main page of dugpa.com. I already wrote my store just to be sure.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Asterisk
Roadhouse Member

Post by Asterisk »

My coffee and Eraserhead DVD arrived today!

Shame I had to pay another £15 import duty... That takes the total up to about £57 (US$110). Ouch!

But it all looks so lovely!
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

You payed import duty?? How come? I dont believe that I did.