DVD COVERS

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

DVD COVERS

Post by marchug »

i remember on the twin peaks gazette board someone (JLyon?) had made some really great david lynch dvd covers. i would be interested in finding them again (since my old computer up and died a while back and everything on it is gone forever).

i am also really interested in making or finding covers for on the air, hotel room, and industrial symphon #1. i spent a great deal of time transferring them to dvd from my shitty old vhs and i would like to do as little as possible on making the covers ;)

any suggestions or help?

- - - - -
mossyrock
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

If you're looking for INLAND EMPIRE covers, go to our thread on the IE DVD release, starting at page 5. Also, there are some pretty cool covers for Twin Peaks in the thread complaining about the Gold cover it looks like we're going to get. We've got some very talented people in here designing potential cover art!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Re: DVD COVERS

Post by jlyon1515 »

marchug wrote:i remember on the twin peaks gazette board someone (JLyon?) had made some really great david lynch dvd covers. i would be interested in finding them again (since my old computer up and died a while back and everything on it is gone forever).

i am also really interested in making or finding covers for on the air, hotel room, and industrial symphon #1. i spent a great deal of time transferring them to dvd from my shitty old vhs and i would like to do as little as possible on making the covers ;)
Yeah, that was me probably. Here's a link to the DVD covers that I made:
http://www.jaredlyon.com/coverart.php

You might be thinking "but wait, I can't download the hi-res versions." Here's the trick. The hi-res versions are the same file names as the thumbnails, just minus the "thmb-". So if the thumbnail file name is thmb-industrial_symphony.jpg then the hi-res industrial_symphony.jpg.
Understand?

My only request is that you don't start using my covers on some mass produced bootlegs. I've seen my DVD cover for the Pilot on bootlegs all over... albeit the back is different and the title text was changed to green.
twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Re: DVD COVERS

Post by twin-b »

jlyon1515 wrote:
marchug wrote:i remember on the twin peaks gazette board someone (JLyon?) had made some really great david lynch dvd covers. i would be interested in finding them again (since my old computer up and died a while back and everything on it is gone forever).

Yeah, that was me probably. Here's a link to the DVD covers that I made:
http://www.jaredlyon.com/coverart.php

You might be thinking "but wait, I can't download the hi-res versions." Here's the trick. The hi-res versions are the same file names as the thumbnails, just minus the "thmb-". So if the thumbnail file name is thmb-industrial_symphony.jpg then the hi-res industrial_symphony.jpg.
Understand?

My only request is that you don't start using my covers on some mass produced bootlegs. I've seen my DVD cover for the Pilot on bootlegs all over... albeit the back is different and the title text was changed to green.
Thanks Jared!
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Jared,
I finally printed the FWWM cover you made and it looks wonderful. I photoshopped out the R1, New Line, rating and the special features description so I could use it on the barebones MK2/Paramount 2007 R2 release (that one has positively godawful cover art). Hope you don't mind! :)

I will print the Eraserhead cover too as soon as I buy it. The "2000" part, quaint-sounding as it is, rubs me the wrong way.

Thanks for sharing these!
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

thanks jared!

btw - you didn't ever happen to make covers for on the air or hotel room did you?