LYNCH (one)/INLAND EMPIRE Japanese Limited Edition DVD Set

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

test

Post by marchug »

safari worked fine.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Thanks. That's good to know.
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

dugpa wrote:Great pic moviemaker. Is it already available in Japan? Send me a link and I'll post it on the main page.

-B
Sorry for my long absence. Released in Japan on Feb. 22. I'll try to get more info but it looks like
1.) Inland Empire (w/ European Extras)
2.) David Lynch (One) Documentary
3.) Limited Edition book of Installation (Air on Fire--I think???or could be another one) My friend in Japan will confirm later.

Here is the link (really long-strange): http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%87%E3%82 ... 532&sr=8-1
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

I think that Amazon Japan has very expensive shipping rates.The only other reliable site where i found this release is HMV Japan (it charges 50% less for shipping to Greece compared to Amazon).Although i am thrilled this contains Lynch 1,i'd like to know if the book is interesting before i give 50 euro for something that i partly have.
Last edited by Pete Martell on Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
themanfromanotherplace

Post by themanfromanotherplace »

Hi Pete,

I have bought the dvd from amazon.jp, and it was shipped yesterday.
If everything goes well then i will have the dvd this monday.

I will take some pictures and will send them to you, then you can look for yourself if you are going to buy the dvd.

Ps. I am the person who bought the signed INLAND EMPIRE dvd from you.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

I found it also at Yeasasia:http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.as ... 010015303/
The price is the same as Amazon Japan with the shipping costs.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Just ordered it from HMV Japan. I don't mind having two dvd's of IE, i love this movie. Can't wait for it to come. :)
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Damn after reading everything about this, I think I'll also need to get this Japanese version of Inland empire plus the Lynch (One) documentary and the book.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Mb3 wrote:Damn after reading everything about this, I think I'll also need to get this Japanese version of Inland empire plus the Lynch (One) documentary and the book.
The package is the interesting thing,because it contains Lynch One (unavailable anywhere else) and a mystery book.What the heck!I also bought it from HMV Japan.I can't wait to see Lynch One.
jlyon1515
RR Diner Member

Post by jlyon1515 »

dugpa wrote:I'm looking to use a newer version of this same board. I'm curious now. Are others having problems posting on the board?
For the new message board over at TwinPeaksFest.com, we started using PHPBB 3. Seems to be working well enough so far.

I've never had problems with this board though. I was wondering if maybe it was taking that person to the login page. Because you can't post unless you're logged in.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

[quote
The package is the interesting thing,because it contains Lynch One (unavailable anywhere else) and a mystery book.What the heck!I also bought it from HMV Japan.I can't wait to see Lynch One.[/quote]

Yes the Lynch (One) documentary is also the main reason for me to order it. On the other hand don't you think it might be possible that Lynch (One) will be released separately on dvd in the U.S. or Europe maybe later this year ?
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Of course,it will be released separate.But i expect the book to be worthwhile.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

I see, well would you please give me some informations about the book as soon as you've received it because I'm really curious what kind of book this is.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Woohoo!It's better than i expected it to be:
1.It has the script of IE.
2.Has pictures from Lynch One and some unpublished ones.
3.It has a black envelope saying INLAND EMPIRE on it and is a smaller reproduction of the Venice presskit.

And here is an image,kindly offered by themanfromanotherplace:

I will try to upload some more,but i have a bit of a problem uploading images using Imageshack.
Last edited by Pete Martell on Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
themanfromanotherplace

Post by themanfromanotherplace »

I have just seen Lynch One, and i must say it is wonderfull.
I got the Japanese INLAND EMPIRE + LYNCH ONE boxset yesterday, i bought it from amazon Japan.

I also have watched a little piece from INLAND EMPIRE, i must say that the quality of this dvd isn't as good as the US version, but i think it is better then the UK version.

If you want to know more, just send me a PM.