LYNCH (one)/INLAND EMPIRE Japanese Limited Edition DVD Set

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

I had made a video when I opened the boxset of the japanese edition of Inland Empire in DVD, if you want to check it out :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuQ96IkpZ4

Sorry for my English. :oops:
Last edited by kafard on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
A french little guy named : Dam.
themanfromanotherplace

Post by themanfromanotherplace »

kafard wrote:I had made a video when I opened the boxset of the japanese edition of Inland Empire in DVD, if you want to check it out :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=XfuQ96IkpZ4

Sorry for my English. :oops:

Hi, i cant find the video.
kafard
RR Diner Member

Post by kafard »

sorry here it is :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=nyU1AOUoFYg

There is nothing very important in this video...
A french little guy named : Dam.
OilyHubertVentTree

Post by OilyHubertVentTree »

Erm.... nice video.... haha, a nice demonstration of your technical abilities with one hand at opening and doing things.

Could someone please tell me more about the screenplay? Is it the actual screenplay as Lynch had written it (individual scenes I guess, right before they were shot) or is it just like a transcription straight from the movie of all the dialogue that happens in Inland Empire :?:

I would buy this for sure if the sreenplay wasn't just a transcription, and those photos in the press kit thing look pretty awesome too. I got to see Lynch (One) theatrically though(which was really great, I can't wait for Lynch 3), so I can wait for a region 1 release of that.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Welcome kafard!I really like your site,although i don't know French.Have you interviewed DL?The sure thing is that you met him,because i've seen your signed Venice press kit.

P.S.Visit kafard's site,one of the best DL sites of the net (sorry dugpa):
http://www.kafard.com/html/davidlynch.html
Last edited by Pete Martell on Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

It seems that we are advertising the Japanese limited edition here!I call it a script-transcript.There is the description of the scenes in the left space of the page and in the right one is the dialogue.There are connected,but side by side,this is not the traditional type of script.I don't think that this is taken from the sequences that DL has written,because they would have put it together differently.
OilyHubertVentTree

Post by OilyHubertVentTree »

Aw shux... Thanks a lot Pete, it sounds like a TV format script. Still a cool package though.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

kafard wrote:sorry here it is :

http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=nyU1AOUoFYg

There is nothing very important in this video...
Great video. I posted it to the main site. Hope you don't mind.

-B
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Pete Martell wrote:Welcome kafard!I really like your site,although i don't know French.Have you interviewed DL?The sure thing is that you met him,because i've seen your signed Venice press kit.

P.S.Visit kafard's site,one of the best DL sites of the net (sorry dugpa):
http://www.kafard.com/html/davidlynch.html
No need to apologize. It is a great site.

-B
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Would you imagine a Lynch 3?It would be the making of the documentary!Hmm,very IEish!However,i would be pleased with more 'behind the scenes',his 'Philly Stories',visits to factories in Poland,talking about films,making paintings and last but not least him making more noises with gritted teeth!
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

What's up with all the errors and mistakes in the script?

Such as some wrong words here and there (sometimes added with a (?) after it), and Harry Dean Stanton being mentioned as Harry sometimes, instead of "Freddy" whom he played in the film...

Also, only two of the girls Laura Dern's character hook up with are mentioned by their name ("Dory" and "Carrie" - I believe it's actually "Kari"!) while all the others are just "Girl 2" etc. When it comes to the rabbit sequences, there are two male rabbits in the script and only one female... Lynch couldn't have written it like that, when some of the scenes are in fact taken straight outta the Rabbits series.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

That's just silly. There's no way Lynch could actually transcribe that wrong. Freddy/Harry - possibly, on a bad day. But the rabbits, no way. Hopefully, someone will put a better transcript up on the web later on, like what was done with Twin Peaks.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Deleted.
Last edited by Christian1989 on Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

"Venstrehåndsarbeid", even! :)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

Evenreven wrote:"Venstrehåndsarbeid", even! :)
:lol: