RR Diner Member

Re: LYNCH (one) US DVD Release Available Now

Post by Pete Martell »

It seems like that i will wait for a bargain :wink:
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

I don't know whether there's a thread somewhere on the site about this, but I was wondering what people thought of Lynch (One), because I was a bit disappointed somehow. I liked it, but I grew more and more scared of Lynch as I watched it, like, how is he going to react? He seems really bossy, which is normal for a director, but in his case, it seems to come from such a self-centered place, that it becomes almost silly. He seemed blinded by what he could not see.

And the editing was poor I think, they tried to make some coherence with their Bastille Day theme, but that's a poor way to create some kind ot continuity. Actually, I think the continuity got lost in the editing room somehow. Anyway, I still enjoyed seeing the filming of INLAND EMPIRE, which I believe was much better rendered in Lynch (Two).

The music was beautiful though.
Robin Davies
Roadhouse Member

Post by Robin Davies »

Lynch One confirmed the impression I got from Lynch Two that either he's got a lot grumpier with age or previous documentaries about him have been rather sanitised. If this is what he's like after diving into the "ocean of bliss" twice a day I dread to think what he'd be like without TM!
neverwakingworld
Roadhouse Member

Post by neverwakingworld »

when does lynch two come out on dvd
Pete Martell
RR Diner Member

Post by Pete Martell »

Lynch 2 is very short,i do not think that DL is so crazy for money that he could just release it as a standalone DVD.
A boxset of all three Lynch docs is what i expect (if Lynch 3 ever sees the light of day). :P
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Robin Davies wrote:Lynch One confirmed the impression I got from Lynch Two that either he's got a lot grumpier with age or previous documentaries about him have been rather sanitised. If this is what he's like after diving into the "ocean of bliss" twice a day I dread to think what he'd be like without TM!
Yes, he looks just like the sort of person who'd think up a cynical rip off product like the LIme Green Box! I think TM is fucking his head up - like most other quasi-religious celebrity fads do.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

neverwakingworld wrote:when does lynch two come out on dvd
It's on Disc 2 of the US INLAND EMPIRE release.