Dynamic:

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Dynamic:

Post by Teopeaks »

Has anyone so far received the Dynamic: DVD? If so, how is it?
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

It has some nice moments, though i would say it's difficult to say who the target auidence for the disc are, there's nothing new for DL.com subscribers who i suppose are probably most of the hardcore fans, and the vast majority of the content on the disc is only interesting for diehards. It should have had a lot more content for instance "Dumbland" should have been part of this package instead of on it's own hyper expensive dvd, "Rabbits" should have been here as well, and there could have been more member questions.
That being said you can't go wrong with "Out Yonder" and i even enjoyed the 30 minute "Lamp" making lecture, very zen !
Francis P.

Post by Francis P. »

It's good if you're a big-time Lynch fan. The material is not essential.
knowthyself

Post by knowthyself »

As someone who isn't a member of DL.com but still a hardcore lynch fan I am looking forward to purchasing this very soon. I too wish that Dumbland had been included and I guess Rabbits was left out because he ended up using that idea in Inland Empire.
So I guess I'm the target audience lol.
kelvah
Roadhouse Member

Post by kelvah »

I received it today and it's great! I'm a DL.com member and I'm not new to some of the stuff but I have to say that seeing the shorts in dvd quality it's a different show. Very inspiring (for me)!
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Mine arrived yesterday and I've watched most of it. I'm a dl.com member but have only seen some of this material, as a lot of it was taken down a couple of years ago.
What I found exciting to see on there was Boat! I've only seen it credited on imdb.com and knew nothing about it. Even though it's a short, it was one of those beautiful moments of seeing a completely unknown Lynch film for the first time. I enjoyed it too.
I also liked Lamp...it was interesting to see how David works. I must admit that I was more preoccupied by what was on his desk that the Lamp itself!
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

I think 'Boat' was the last thing we put up there, in the Fall of '04.
Out Yonder was hilarious to make, but the Dental one is a bit excruciating to watch.

It bugs me a bit that there's no credits on Dumbland and Dynamic 01.
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Yeah, I actually agree with that. Im always interested to see who's behind what and to find out about as much of the process of making these things as possible.

Bug Crawling is mesmorizing and I have absolutely no idea why! I think its the noise... :shock:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

John Neff wrote:
It bugs me a bit that there's no credits on Dumbland and Dynamic 01.
I know that the big studios do that all the time but that's a bit crap that it was done on David's own release.
:roll:

Good to see you on the board John.

-B
John Neff
Roadhouse Member

Post by John Neff »

Edited to remove rant. Sorry. Late night weirdness.
Last edited by John Neff on Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Hey John, I'm really glad to see you here, too.

I can't believe you were treated like that. What a bunch of creeps!

I'm surprised to hear that it's because of you (and what transpired) that there's no INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack. Any chance he'd change his mind?

I visited your new (to me) website and it looks cool; but I have a feeling it looks a whole lot better on a hi-speed connection.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Edit ...
Last edited by Erwin on Sat May 05, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Room
RR Diner Member

Re: Dynamic:

Post by Red Room »

Teopeaks wrote:Has anyone so far received the Dynamic: DVD? If so, how is it?
I ordered this recently, (along with the fantastic Dumbland - which I already had as a download), and should receive my copy sometime in the next week... I'll post my thoughts on Dynamic 1 here in due course.
biotron
Roadhouse Member

soundtrack

Post by biotron »

Annie wrote:Hey John, I'm really glad to see you here, too.

I can't believe you were treated like that. What a bunch of creeps!

I'm surprised to hear that it's because of you (and what transpired) that there's no INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack. Any chance he'd change his mind?

I visited your new (to me) website and it looks cool; but I have a feeling it looks a whole lot better on a hi-speed connection.
Hi everybody :) I realise this should really be in the other thread, and has strayed off-topic, but...

Given the utter lack of info about the soundtrack anywhere online, can any of you clarify what John said (I respect the fact a rant was removed, though...) ?? The prospect of not having a full version of "Ghost of Love" to listen to regularly at high volume is causing me severe distress at the moment.

Any help or info much appreciated, thanks
snikgrif
RR Diner Member

Re: soundtrack

Post by snikgrif »

biotron wrote:Given the utter lack of info about the soundtrack anywhere online, can any of you clarify what John said (I respect the fact a rant was removed, though...) ?? The prospect of not having a full version of "Ghost of Love" to listen to regularly at high volume is causing me severe distress at the moment.
I second this concern, does this mean that no IE soundtrack at all will be released?

Welcome biotron
Si

http://www.facebook.com/twinpeaksdeletedscenespetition

''I may be the sole pirate here with the use of only one hand.''