David Lynch Weekend

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

David Lynch Weekend

Post by Annie »

The big weekend in Fairfield, Iowa is this weekend. Anybody going? I talked to a few people in Live Journal who will be there, so I'll ask them to post in here if they have a lot to say. Chrysta Bell will be there--and of course, Donovan. Check out the front page for the website. I want to see the concert!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Annie
Global Moderator

Re: David Lynch Weekend

Post by Annie »

Hey, isn't anyone paying attention? Our leader, dugpa, put a link on the front page, but I can't figure out how to listen to it. Help me!!! :oops:
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

If you are using Windows, you cna go here to download a plugin that will allow Windows Media player to recognize the stream:

http://tools.veloc-it.com/tabid/58/grm2 ... fault.aspx

It's the link on the bottom right that says download.

-B
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks for trying to help, B. I guess I'm just too technically challenged to do it. We'll see if the site recorded it like they usually do.
jina
Roadhouse Member

Post by jina »

i watched a bit. lynch looking good. he was wearing a really cool scarf!

and again it was the same question : why do you make such films if you're so happy. :P
you've seen it before Annie, don't worry
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks, jina, I just wanted to see Chrysta Bell. Oh well.
edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Post by edenweaver »

Well, I can understand... Chrysta Bell is ALWAYS worth seeing. 8)

okay, but seriously... I don't think the concert was webcast with video.

However, I did broadcast the concert live on my radio show which is playing again tonight and I will give you more heads up before I air it again. It can be heard on Eden's Hour at kruufm.com

There are some youtube videos of the concert performances circulating. And after Saturday night's concert, we (David, Donovan, Chrysta Bell, Moby and their band members and the DLF crew) crashed the high school prom and some of those videos are also on youtube. If and when there are videos of the concert posted to our David Lynch Foundation sites, I will let you know.

xoxo
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks, edenweaver, we're depending on you. I couldn't figure out how to get the radio station on my computer.
edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Post by edenweaver »

Annie, I'll try and keep you posted.

I'm not sure what all music players you can use to hear the radio show. There is a link in the upper left corner of KRUUFM.com that allows you to listen. I listen at home in itunes, but have also heard it on real player.

I will play the concert on my radio show a couple more times. There will also be a lot of pictures. I'm still waiting for the photographers to upload them all and I have only uploaded my own pics from Saturday. I'm still in Iowa and doing a bunch of work with Richard Beymer, but when I get settled at home, I'll post them to the DLF myspace page and my DLF affiliated radio blog: http://www.edenshour.blogspot.com

I think Chrysta Bell will be performing more often. She may join the DLF for more events and she is working on an album so she'll hit the road for a tour sometime in the next year or so. She's really amazing. David first introduced me to her a couple years ago, but this weekend was the first time that I had seen her perform her own music and she is hot stuff for sure. The back up band that she brought with her was really good... especially considering that they are not normally a band. They formed just so they could play Lynch Weekend.

P.S. What I keep hearing from everybody who attended is that Laura Dawn's performance was over the top good ...and I agree. She sings with Moby, but she is also a very dynamic activist and performer in her own right. Her husband Daron also performed with them and just before we went into the high school prom, they had an impromptu jam session with Donovan to practice what they were going to do together ....they all played at the prom and David crowned the prom queen. Below is one of my pics from that night just before they surprised the high school students
jina
Roadhouse Member

Post by jina »

thanks edenweaver!!

oh, that's the scarf i was talking about! :lol:
edenweaver
Roadhouse Member

Post by edenweaver »

that was given to him by a TM teacher back in the 70's... they were good friends.