David Lynch Decoded book

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

james
RR Diner Member

David Lynch Decoded book

Post by james »

Has anyone read this and what do you think of it? Thanks!
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Re: David Lynch Decoded book

Post by moviemaker »

I am very tempted to get this book but know nothing of Lacean film theory. Where do they teach that... def. not at my school Art Center College of Design. We just made things... not much theorizing.

***edit***

Sorry I was referring to the book "The Impossible David Lynch". Gosh... too many books on Lynch or rather seems like too many authors making $ off of books about Lynch, hahaha....

"David Lynch Decoded has mixed reviews on Amazon. One person said it was to simplistic like David Lynch's use of the color Blue=Secrets while another person said the author is saying exactly that, you don't have to dig so deep to find meaning. It's all right there in front of you. So take that for what it's worth.

At our Public Library we can recommend books and 9 times out of 10 they order them so I'll put both of these on the list and see what happens.

Now, David Lynch: Beautiful Dark... I'm buying!
Last edited by moviemaker on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
appleavengergrl

Re: David Lynch Decoded book

Post by appleavengergrl »

If you want to learn more about Lecan and psychoanalysis in film it wouldn't be hard to find stuff on the net. I did it briefly in film studies in college.

I often thought there was an underlying thread in lynch's films. It occurred to me the old couple in Mullholland drive were probably Dugpas from the Lodge given their sinister characteristics. anyone else agree?