what's your favorite dl movie?

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

what is your favorite david lynch movie?

eraserhead
6%
the elephant man
No votes
dune
No votes
blue velvet
20%
wild at heart
No votes
twin peaks:fire walk with me
27%
lost highway
18%
the straight story
4%
mulholland drive
18%
inland empire
8%

Total votes: 51
EnableSecret
Roadhouse Member

Post by EnableSecret »

Eraserhead fans represent!
I can watch it twice in one day and get a completely different vibe each time.
Tops had to be watching it at the Seattle Art Museum with Catherine Coulson and Charlotte Stewart in attendance. :D
After that, it's sort of a tie with FWWM/Blue Velvet . . . then they sort of just blend together. :lol:
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
sloclub
RR Diner Member

Post by sloclub »

Erwin wrote:"Mistake! There was an attempt of an automatic insert of the message in a forum. Your message is sent to hell. Try still times who knows - can it will turn out? Still probably, that you too long wrote the message - then pass to page back, copy the text, update page, insert the copied text and press button "Send"."

A+ for grammar.
Grammar is important. Now I wish I had voted for MD. Or IE. Can we do this again? Of course I will just vote for BV again but can we?
Through the darkness of futures past,
the magician longs to see
One chants out,
between two worlds,
fire walk with me.
Shelly_Johnson

Post by Shelly_Johnson »

I kept going back and forth between fwwm or Lost Highway.

Finally i chose FWWM, i think the reason is because i had already watched the series and then to see the film and see it from a whole new prespective was really cool. I admitt i really wish that Laura Flyn Boyle was involved, but from what i understand she dident want to do it. Considering what the script called for, i can't say i really blame her.

Sheryl Lee did an amazeing job in that movie! some of the best acting i have ever seen. all of the emotions were so intense, and she had to bounce from such extreme moods all in one seen. it was amazeing to watch...now why wasent she nominated for best actress again?!?! Whoops i guess that question is for another topic.....

anyway, FWWM is my fave.
"I am hard to remember but impossiable to forget"
moviemaker
RR Diner Member

Post by moviemaker »

A candy colored clown they call the sandman...BV

The BEST film!
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

how honoured i am to be able to cast the first vote for Inland Empire!

sure, it has its flaws, but stands a country mile ahead of the rest for me. never before have i known of a film that i could happily rewatch without exhausting it, except perhaps (off the top of my head) something like Jodorowsky's Holy Mountain.

i would have voted Eraserhead second, and The Grandmother third if there had been that option!
zachary_mayo

Post by zachary_mayo »

Shelly_Johnson wrote:I kept going back and forth between fwwm or Lost Highway.
Same here. Today, I'm gonna go for Fire Walk With Me, as I think it's one of the coolest movies ever made.

The first part in Deer Meadow is perfect.

And I'm sure we'll finally see those deleted scenes one day...
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

My favourite is Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. When I first watched it, I did quite like it, but was slightly disappointed because my stupid expectations. I didn't really expect it to be as disturbing as it was, nor did I expect it to have so little characters from the series.

Anyway, when I watched it a second time, I really loved it alot more. I absolutely love Sheryl Lee's performance, and I really love the use of colours in the film aswell. I just connect with FWWM much more than Lynch's other films, which I still do like aswell, but just not as much as FWWM.
grrlskout
Roadhouse Member

Post by grrlskout »

I have to say I am VERY surprised that FWWM is in the lead! .... and very HAPPY! FWWM is usually given such a bad rep! But it is probably my favorite movie of all time. I'm glad it's being given so much love and appreciated here :wink:
Ben Dorrigan

Post by Ben Dorrigan »

After much deliberation I chose THE STRAIGHT STORY. Loved it the first time, but with each viewing it becomes more moving and more perfect. And despite its G rating, this is pure, undeniable Lynch.

Runners Up: Mulholland Dr. and Blue Velvet
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

INLAND EMPIRE by a mile...the most audacious piece of film-making I have seen in a long long time. Utterly original, stunning to look at, and the best soundtrack ever. The ending is incredibly moving. Well it had me in tears anyway.
GORDON COLE ! ! ! !

Post by GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! »

The Grandmother for private reasons.Rabbits for the surreal surroundings.Mulholland Drive 3rd...
...YOU BREAK AN EGG ON IT,SHE,S MY MOTHERS SISTERS GIRL.OREGON!!!ITS A BEAUTIFUL WEAPON,COOP,ACTS LIKE HE,S NEVER SEEN A KISS BEFORE...
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Inland Empire. I can feel it.
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
Tonya J
RR Diner Member

Post by Tonya J »

Ummmmm... It's like a knife twisting in my heart to try and pick one movie over another and say it's my "favorite," making all the others into also-rans. My first impulse was Blue Velvet, then Elephant Man. but damn, I haven't, like some other folks here, seen Inland Empire yet or the short films (GASP).

While I'm thinking about it, here's one of the funniest "mash-up" movie trailers I've ever seen (RATED NC-17 folks):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qf-Gn0bXPCc
Leland's daughter was murdered and the Norwegians left.