David Lynch and Moby Jam Session for DLFTV

Discussion of all things David Lynch

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Re: David Lynch and Moby Jam Session for DLFTV

Post by mixomatosis »

bmiller wrote:
cool stuff. except i really cannot stand moby. ugghhhh....
can't wait to see what lynch gets up to...
What can Moby do that John Neff can't do better ??
....................Be a vegan?

NB. This post relies entirely on the assumption that Mr John Neff is not in fact a vegan - an assumption that I am willing to risk for the sake of raising mirth in the mind of at least one other person reading this message. I would like to take this opportunity to apologise to Mr Neff if he is in fact a vegan, in which case I should also add that I have no idea whether or not he is in fact better at being a vegan than Mr "Moby" Hall. Your statutory rights are not affected.
james
RR Diner Member

Post by james »

I don't understand what you hate so much about Moby.

Whilst I am not someone who owns all of his albums or anything like that I do think he is a good guitar player, so this collaboration could be really good. Perhaps Moby could push Lynch in a somewhat more mainstream direction with his tunes and this could influence a more mainstream project than INLAND EMPIRE, more akin to Twin Peaks. Well that's what I'd hope anyway.
bmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by bmiller »

By the way, has anyone figured out whether this "thing" to come from David Lynch is a musical "thing" or a digital film "thing" ??
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

It looks like a TM "thing."

As somebody on MySpace said, "Hey David, have you picked a launch date yet?"
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
bmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by bmiller »

It looks like a TM "thing."

As somebody on MySpace said, "Hey David, have you picked a launch date yet?"
So, before this thread crumbles into dust and gets sucked into the vacuum of apathy, has anyone figured out what this thing is, after all these months?? The thing which was said to consist of "much, much more to come".
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

OK, I copied this from http://www.MySpace.com/dlftv

[28 Jan 2009 | Wednesday]
World Harmony Benefit Concert and Facebook Fan Page

Hello out there to all the DLF.TV Fans!

All of us here in the office are gearing up for an exciting new year! One of the biggest events on our horizon is the World Harmony Benefit Concert on April 4 at Radio City Music Hall in NYC! The concert will be in support of the David Lynch Foundation's international initiative to teach one million children the Transcendental Meditation technique"”and change the world overnight. We're so excited to have special guests like Paul McCartney, Donovan, Sheryl Crow, Moby, Ben Harper, Paul Horn, and Eddie Vedder!

Tickets aren't on sale quite yet, but you can click on the link at the end of this blog to sign up for our Concert Mailing List to stay updated on ticket sales and special VIP packages. :)

We're also thrilled to announce the launch of the new DLF.TV Facebook Fan Page!Creating a Fan Page has given us much more artistic liberty than having a Profile or a Group, and we've got lots of new content from videos to polls to a special message from David himself! We would love for everyone to join to make our little page grow, so check it out!

DLF.TV Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/David-Lyn ... 3819243479

I think this answers at least the first part of our question...I just went to the facebook page and it says he's launching this spring. Some cool videos over there.
yvanehtnioj1214
Roadhouse Member

Post by yvanehtnioj1214 »

I'm going to see if I can go to the concert but I have a feeling that even the general admission tickets will cost an arm and a leg.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Good! Don't forget to report back!