Thought Gang Album Out November 2

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

dreamshake

Thought Gang Album Out November 2

Postby dreamshake » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:17 am

https://pitchfork.com/news/david-lynch-and-angelo-badalamentis-lost-90s-album-is-getting-released/

Didn't know where to put this since its a DL side project but the music has been featured in FWWM and season 3. Anyways, very exciting news.
Mr. Reindeer

Re: Thought Gang Album Out November 2

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:59 am

Very cool news. I’ve been waiting for this forever. The “Woodcutters” track was presumably written for that abandoned video game DKL was writing.
dreamshake

Postby dreamshake » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:25 am

Mr. Reindeer wrote:Very cool news. I’ve been waiting for this forever. The “Woodcutters” track was presumably written for that abandoned video game DKL was writing.

I noticed that connection as well but wasn't that game developed in the late 90s? These tracks were recorded in 92-93. So it seems if anything, the game probably inspiration from the track.
Mb3

Postby Mb3 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:00 pm

Unfortunately it looks like the album will only be released on vinyl.
dreamshake

Postby dreamshake » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Mb3 wrote:Unfortunately it looks like the album will only be released on vinyl.

there's an option to pre-order the cd version on the sacred bones website.
bowisneski

Postby bowisneski » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:19 pm

Bummed that I missed out on both limited variations, but also super excited and thankful to finally be able to get this!
Mr. Reindeer

Postby Mr. Reindeer » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:42 pm

dreamshake wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Very cool news. I’ve been waiting for this forever. The “Woodcutters” track was presumably written for that abandoned video game DKL was writing.

I noticed that connection as well but wasn't that game developed in the late 90s? These tracks were recorded in 92-93. So it seems if anything, the game probably inspiration from the track.

DKL’s various artistic endeavors have so much overlap sometimes, it’s tough to know the progression. Interesting to think about.
AXX°N N.

Postby AXX°N N. » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:40 am

bowisneski wrote:Bummed that I missed out on both limited variations, but also super excited and thankful to finally be able to get this!

Yeah I was only able to get the coverless, colored version because the one with the cover sold out in just four hours after ordering went active.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”