Thought Gang Album Out November 2

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Re: Thought Gang Album Out November 2

Post by bowisneski »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
bowisneski wrote:Beyond that though, I really enjoyed the album as a whole. Only one track didn't click with me, which I consider a success.
Out of nosey curiosity, was that track “A Meaningless Conversation”? I find that DKL is at his most clunky when trying to promote TM.
It was actually Jack Paints it Red mostly because of the vocal, actually enjoyed the music. That same manipulation was what killed some Clown Time tracks for me too. I much prefer the manipulation direction he went in with The Big Dream.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
AXX°N N. wrote:Interestingly, the lyrics for "A Meaningless Conversation" were printed in his book Images in the 90s, which at the time I took for a short story or prose experiment.
Weren’t the lyrics to the similar “Strange and Unproductive Thinking” from Crazy Clown Time in there as well?
Just checked. My copy of Images has several “Meaningless Conversations” throughout the book. One is identical to the lyrics of “Strange and Unproductive Thinking,” but I don’t see any that match the lyrics of the recently released Thought Gang song (although they’re all similar gibberish ;)).
Strange! From the title similarity, they must be from the same period/style then.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Saturn's child wrote:I love that song! I remember for awhile it was hard to hear the full thing, but snippets were in 'Pretty as a Picture' (I think?). Then I found a radio show where Lynch was interviewed & they played the whole song. That was my go-to place to listen for awhile.

Also really dig the 'Lux Vivens' album Lynch & Jocelyn did, & especially love Jocelyn's solo album 'Salt Bird' (check out the title track if you haven't heard it before). Still can't believe she was married to The Cowboy!
I remember freeze framing Pretty as a Picture to read the lyrics that were visible!

Hadn’t heard “Salt Bird.” Great stuff, thanks! The music video on YouTube features masks that look eerily like the Jumping Man’s mask...
Saturn's child
RR Diner Member

Post by Saturn's child »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I remember freeze framing Pretty as a Picture to read the lyrics that were visible!
Haha, that's great, me too!
Mr. Reindeer wrote:Hadn’t heard “Salt Bird.” Great stuff, thanks! The music video on YouTube features masks that look eerily like the Jumping Man’s mask...
I haven't actually watched the clip in years, but yeah wow, it absolutely does! 'Not So Dark' is also another good song off the album. I went through a phase of listening to the album over & over when it came out. I was going to set up a fb page for Jocelyn but found it hard to get in contact with her (not that I tried all that hard, admittedly). She was also in the band 'Miranda Sex Garden' for awhile, who put out some decent songs too.
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

She (and the rest of the early Miranda Sex Garden line-up) also sing on a track on Barry Adamson's Delusion soundtrack. There's a Barry Adamson anthology out called Memento Mori, which looks pretty good and features Something Wicked This Way Comes from Lost Highway and even a couple of earlier songs with Magazine and Nick Cave (unfortunately it doesn't include the Jocelyn West track).
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Finally listened. Jack Paints it Red is my favorite, for the record. :D

Well, beside from A Real Indication of course.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Monkey Fur with screen wrap has arrived. 280/500.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Jerry Horne wrote:Monkey Fur with screen wrap has arrived. 280/500.
Would you mind sharing some pictures?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Will do.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

bowisneski wrote:
Attachments
100_6792.jpg
100_6792.jpg (613.25 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
100_6791.jpg
100_6791.jpg (594.68 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
100_6790.jpg
100_6790.jpg (659.38 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
100_6789.jpg
100_6789.jpg (633.71 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
100_6788.jpg
100_6788.jpg (614.73 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
100_6793.jpg
100_6793.jpg (634.89 KiB) Viewed 17384 times
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

Jerry Horne wrote:
bowisneski wrote:
That's freakin awesome!