Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: David Lynch.com Twin Peaks Music Official Thread

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:New track tonight? The mind boggles...
I think it will be something from FWWM.

PS: I have lost of work (at home from work) last few days (deadlines soon), so I don't have the time (until the end of this week) to go further with my song list. But next week should be few episodes more added.
If its from FWWM, I hope its the full versions of the tracks from the "Montage". Looking forward to seeing more of your list as well, qbin!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

'Owl Cave' please.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

My fingers are crossed for that super-spooky music that played a lot throughout Season 1 (often paired with the "tension theme" -- or maybe it really is the same track?)

Used when Mrs Palmer has a vision of Bob during Episode 1, and used a lot at the start and end of Episode 16 when "the men" are walking through the woods.

I'd rather have that instead of another alternate version this week but you know me... I'll be downloading no matter what. :P
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

bosguy1981 wrote:My fingers are crossed for that super-spooky music that played a lot throughout Season 1 (often paired with the "tension theme" -- or maybe it really is the same track?)

Used when Mrs Palmer has a vision of Bob during Episode 1, and used a lot at the start and end of Episode 16 when "the men" are walking through the woods.
By the way, I've taken to calling it "The Evil That Men Do" (Albert Rosenfield's quote) but I'm interested to hear the official name it will be given by DL.com.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:New track tonight? The mind boggles...
I think it will be something from FWWM.

PS: I have lost of work (at home from work) last few days (deadlines soon), so I don't have the time (until the end of this week) to go further with my song list. But next week should be few episodes more added.
If its from FWWM, I hope its the full versions of the tracks from the "Montage". Looking forward to seeing more of your list as well, qbin!
The absence of the solo piano version of Love Theme from the pack the other week surely means a Montage Pack on its way!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:The absence of the solo piano version of Love Theme from the pack the other week surely means a Montage Pack on its way!
I hope you're right. "Girl Talk" fades out after about 45 sec in the montage. I would think there has to be more to the track than that.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

RR Pack is up. 7 Tracks and am downloading now...
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Amazingly, the MAIN RR track is NOT included!! Crazy. I wonder if it will come later!?!?

Here's what's included:
"Mister Snooty" (Dick & Lucy tune)
"Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version)"
"Picking On Country" (RR tune from eps 6 & 19)
"I'm Hurt Bad" (FULL VERSION)
"Western Ballad" (RR tune from eps 11, 15, & 27)
"Preparing For M.T. Wentz" (There you go, Jerry!!!)
"Secret Country" (RR tune from eps 4 & 5)
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Agreed, the main RR Theme and RR Swing.

Still lots of gems but maybe they are saving it for a RR Pack 2.

I have a feeling that our own Jerry Horne is probably going nuts right now over the Mr. Snooty Track.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Maybe there will be a second bundle eventually with the main RR track, the OEJ track, Lydecker Clinic, and the two Hawaiian tunes.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Wow!!
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-05-09 at 10.53.57 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-05-09 at 10.53.57 PM.png (134.72 KiB) Viewed 8556 times
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:I have a feeling that our own Jerry Horne is probably going nuts right now over the Mr. Snooty Track.
Yes!! That and the MT Wentz song!!! Remember this quote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I have a litmus test to determine if we are getting every track. One of the most obscure tracks heard in the series is in the scene where Norma and Hank fix up the Double RR because they think a food critic is showing up. Of course in reality it is a DA who orders a burger. The background source cue is not your normal country tune but a mock French sounding tune. If we get that song (and I pray we do because I'm a Twin Peaks freak) then we know we will get it all!
Jerry- hope you are right in thinking this now means we will indeed, get EVERYTHING!!!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

dugpa wrote:I have a feeling that our own Jerry Horne is probably going nuts right now over the Mr. Snooty Track.
You can say that 10 times fast my friend!
Ross wrote:Remember this quote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I have a litmus test to determine if we are getting every track. One of the most obscure tracks heard in the series is in the scene where Norma and Hank fix up the Double RR because they think a food critic is showing up. Of course in reality it is a DA who orders a burger. The background source cue is not your normal country tune but a mock French sounding tune. If we get that song (and I pray we do because I'm a Twin Peaks freak) then we know we will get it all!
Ross wrote:Jerry- hope you are right in thinking this now means we will indeed, get EVERYTHING!!!!
Wow. People who know me know that I like my Twin Peaks music dark and obscure. Well, I hope I'm right too! It's hard for me to imagine that they would release the Double RR tracks and let others slide. So yes, I really think and pray we get everything.

I'd also like to say how thankful I am to David Lynch, Angelo Badalementi and to whomever else is responsible for getting these tracks out. With all the crap going on in the world right now, these releases provide such a wonderful escape. Thank you.
nix1980
Roadhouse Member

Post by nix1980 »

Jerry Horne wrote: I'd also like to say how thankful I am to David Lynch, Angelo Badalementi and to whomever else is responsible for getting these tracks out. With all the crap going on in the world right now, these releases provide such a wonderful escape. Thank you.
I completely agree :!:
Guy Quenneville
Roadhouse Member

Post by Guy Quenneville »

I think, after the release of today's bundle, it is difficult to deny that people from DL.com are checking out this forum to see what fans are saying, craving.

This gives me all the encouragement I need to finish my music guide.