Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ross wrote: Yes- they are zoomed in portions of this pic
Aaaaah!! Thanks.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

[/quote]But I can't complain too much since I never thought I'd get any of these tracks at all!![/quote]

Oh no, not complaining for sure! I've voted with my wallet and continue to support these very very special releases!

I really really hope there is a massive CD box set at the end of the download cycle!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
But I can't complain too much since I never thought I'd get any of these tracks at all!![/quote]

Oh no, not complaining for sure! I've voted with my wallet and continue to support these very very special releases!

I really really hope there is a massive CD box set at the end of the download cycle![/quote]
I know you aren't complaining Jerry!!! I know how special these tracks are to all of us. But I agree that the glitches can be frustrating though, because we love the music and want it to sound perfect.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Fred&Ginger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fred&Ginger »

Hell yeah on this week's bundle! And hell yeah to the FWWM slow-speed orchestra bundle!!!
"Where are the cookies?"
"You mean Fred & Ginger?"
"Dancing..."
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I remember how unbelievably amazed and happy I was by the fact that we even got the "Season 2 Music & More" CD a few years ago, so the "Twin Peaks Archive" is truly an embarrassment of riches. I never dared to dream that any of these tracks would ever see the light of day, so things like last night's bundle, and the plethora of other releases over the past few months have been just astounding. I honestly can't imagine what's next (Invitation to Slow Speed Bundle 2? Love Theme/Bundle? Hank's Theme? John Justice Wheeler's Theme?), but whatever it is, I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote: Any ideas about what may be included in second bundle? This first one seems to cover most of the bases. Maybe Giant's Theme.

Anyway, AMAZING release.
As for a second bundle, here's what comes to mind immediately (but maybe some of these don't even qualify as "orchestral" tracks?)

FWWM - Creepy strings while Sam Stanley examines Teresa Banks' fingernails.
FWWM - Creepy strings used during trailer park/Harold Smith/Wash Your Hands/It's Your Father etc. (Maybe all the same piece?)
Amazing release.. Some damn fine tracks we've all been waiting for.. :D

Completely agree with some of the suggestions already for the next (hopefully the very next) release (bundle)..
The 'Cooper's shot/Giant appears' complete track would be cool as.. not to mention those FWWM tracks talked about above..
"And your blood may have Laura's .. fingerprints on it.."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:"Slow Speed Orchestra 3 (Black Lodge Rumble)" 6:52

I think the track is not this called with this name in are lists. I'll check it in Sunday.
So is this the music we hear when Cooper in on the floor in episode 8 or something else?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Post and art for 3 (so far) of the tracks up at my site:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... speed.html
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

It's funny, if you try playing these on a faster speed, they do sound much more traditionally "musical" than the versions we're used to (the "Black Lodge Rumble" is clearly a lot of strings and the chord changes are much more audible). You can make out the actual instruments a lot more (I always assumed a lot of these sounds were just synthesized).
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Okay- after some confusion (and some help from Jerry) I figured this out. So the track we (Qbin) has listed as "Black Lodge Rumble" is not the one that was released. (Its not in the bundle). Its the track he has listed as "Confession" and its heard in Leland's "I'll catch you with my death-bag" scene, and the "Hobgoblin's Dale" scene where Coop gets the envelope from Earle (The King must die).

Hopefully we get the other track in bundle #2.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

OK, Here's what I got so far. I'm trying to figure out where these tracks appear for the first time in the series. 'Black Lodge Rumble' should be 15 (near the end??) Qbin, have you changed your track titles?

Stair Music/Danger Theme (Half Speed Orchestra 1) (Pilot)
Dark Forces (Half Speed Orchestra 2) (Episode 17)
Windom Earle's Motif (Half Speed Orchestra 3) (Episode 15)
24 Hours (Slow Speed Orchestra 1) (Episode 16)
Unease Motif/The Woods (Slow Speed Orchestra 2) ------------(Parts of this are mixed in with 'Cooper Shot', surely this is in season one somewhere?)
Black Lodge Rumble (Slow Speed Orchestra 3) (Episode 15)
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:OK, Here's what I got so far. I'm trying to figure out where these tracks appear for the first time in the series. 'Black Lodge Rumble' should be 15 (near the end??) Qbin, have you changed your track titles?

Stair Music/Danger Theme (Half Speed Orchestra 1) (Pilot)
Dark Forces (Half Speed Orchestra 2) -----------(When Leo discovers Windom for the first time?)
Windom Earle's Motif (Half Speed Orchestra 3) -----------(Little Nicky Devil?)
24 Hours (Slow Speed Orchestra 1) -----------(End of 16?)
Unease Motif/The Woods (Slow Speed Orchestra 2) ------------(Parts of this are mixed in with 'Cooper Shot', surely this is in season one somewhere?)
Black Lodge Rumble (Slow Speed Orchestra 3) (Episode 15)
Both "Earle Motif" and "Black Lodge Rumble" show up briefly in episode 15. The middle section of the "Earle Motif" (I believe) is only heard in the Little Nicky Devil scene. They just used the other parts the rest of the time.

As for where these are first heard, it's hard to say with some of these because they were often used in small fragments and mixed with other tracks. "24 Hours" actually shows up in the pilot in small parts. But is showcased fully at the beginning of episode 16. The Unease Motif (which correct me if I'm wrong) is what Qbin has listed as "Night Life" and is basically a "clean" version of "Night Life In Twin Peaks". (Although I guess the released version is actually the reversed version). Fragments of this show up as early as episode 2, but are better showcased later.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Oops, yep, meant to say at the start of 16 for '24 Hours'. I think that fits better there.

'Dark Forces'? (EDIT - Episode 17)

Where would everyone put 'Unease/Woods'?

I'm glad I'm sequencing these now at the start with everyone's help. To do it all at once at the end would be a nightmare.
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Dark Forces (Half Speed Orchestra 2)
First time - Cooper & major Briggs's night fishing
Also it's scene "Leo in the trap" (spider's cell)

So, I wonder is DARK FORCES track includes full compilation of "Night life" fragments?
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

DEniZZrus wrote:
Dark Forces (Half Speed Orchestra 2)
First time - Cooper & major Briggs's night fishing
Oh of course! Perfect - thank you!