Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Jerry Horne »

hopesfall wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Would have been nice to get the 9 1/2 minute raw recording as well. Oh well.
To be honest that's what i was expecting when i downloaded it. I can't deny being a little disappointed to see 1:32 when i began to play it.
Agreed.

The 9 1/2 minute recording would make an incredible extra in a CD box set! As a matter of fact, several CD's of bonus raw mixes and studio chatter would be awesome!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

They should have just bundled all the missing FWWM cues together.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Ross wrote:They should have just bundled all the missing FWWM cues together.
I dunno... I appreciate the fact that we're getting a new song each week, rather than bundle after bundle. It will keep the TP Archive active as an ongoing thing for longer stretch of time this way.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

bosguy1981 wrote:
I dunno... I appreciate the fact that we're getting a new song each week, rather than bundle after bundle. It will keep the TP Archive active as an ongoing thing for longer stretch of time this way.
I'm with bosguy here. I wouldn't want them all at once. Nothing worse than opening the last present and realizing that's it.
Fred&Ginger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fred&Ginger »

James Visits Laura is, imo, one of the most beautiful, evocative, and mesmerizing pieces on TP Archive as of yet.

Thank you, DL.com peeps!!
"Where are the cookies?"
"You mean Fred & Ginger?"
"Dancing..."
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

I really have to agree. The music company has loads of tracks (I'm guessing) from other Lynch films/projects - even though having something from Peaks every week is cool, at this point I'd be happy with bundles and then tracks from Lost Highway, Mullholland Drive, On The Air, Thought Gang, Chrysta Bell, Rebekah Del Rio etc..

Not a complaint - just eager to hear more!
"And your blood may have Laura's .. fingerprints on it.."
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Can I just say that James Visits Laura has become my favorite track from DL.com yet??

Ever more the reason to release the remaining FWWM tracks in a bundle!
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Yeah, I believe most of them will be in the next Friday's Slow speed orchestra bundle #2 Oh, I so believe... :roll: So hope... :roll:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

DEniZZrus wrote:Yeah, I believe most of them will be in the next Friday's Slow speed orchestra bundle #2 Oh, I so believe... :roll: So hope... :roll:
I'm with you! Fingers crossed! :)
Fred&Ginger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fred&Ginger »

underthefan wrote:Can I just say that James Visits Laura has become my favorite track from DL.com yet??
Same here! It's short, sweet and leaves you wanting more.
The dark theme bundle can definitely be created out of the remaining tracks, but don't forget the LP Theme Variations from the film - the Goodnight Princess one and the You Don't Even Know Me from the last conversation between Laura and James. Those are must-haves!!
"Where are the cookies?"
"You mean Fred & Ginger?"
"Dancing..."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Fred&Ginger wrote:
underthefan wrote:Can I just say that James Visits Laura has become my favorite track from DL.com yet??
Same here! It's short, sweet and leaves you wanting more.
The dark theme bundle can definitely be created out of the remaining tracks, but don't forget the LP Theme Variations from the film - the Goodnight Princess one and the You Don't Even Know Me from the last conversation between Laura and James. Those are must-haves!!
I honestly think the LPT we hear in the Laura and James scene is just the original. And the Piano version might be one from the series as well? I don't think the one in the "montage" is the one heard in the film.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Theme from Montage is special unused version like from TP-STMM album's first & last tracks. There are 2 piano versions of LPT/Love Theme in the series/FWWM:
1st - Donna & Doc in the car / Leland gets in the car after golf clubs' showing.
2nd - James & Donna after dinner at Hayward's living room / FWWM "Good night, princess" scene
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:Theme from Montage is special unused version like from TP-STMM album's first & last tracks. There are 2 piano versions of LPT/Love Theme in the series/FWWM:
1st - Donna & Doc in the car / Leland gets in the car after golf clubs' showing.
2nd - James & Donna after dinner at Hayward's living room / FWWM "Good night, princess" scene
Right- so the LP Theme Variations in FWWM are actually versions from the series.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I could be wrong, but the variation of LP theme from the film (the You Don't Even Know Me one) sounds a bit darker and more mysterious than the original, though that could also just be the addition of sound effects and sound design overall. However, I really am rooting for the Goodnight Princess version.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

underthefan wrote:I could be wrong, but the variation of LP theme from the film (the You Don't Even Know Me one) sounds a bit darker and more mysterious than the original, though that could also just be the addition of sound effects and sound design overall. However, I really am rooting for the Goodnight Princess version.
Yeah- I can't say for 100% about the LP Theme in the James and Laura scene. But I do think its the original. Just, as you said with additional sound effects/sound design. And the piano version will probably pop up in a bundle from the series. The lovely variation in the montage itself is different than the film version, and was most probably created when making the montage track to better join the segments.