The music that make you cry

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Blue rose

The music that make you cry

Post by Blue rose »

Hello everyone, this is my firs post at the forum and I woul'd like to comfort with all of you how deep I am impressed by the great music that the film has inspired. I have no words to explain how it makes me feel. This is the most beautiful, heart - breaking music that I have ever heard. A masterpiece! I believe it is not a thing that you haven't head before, but I just wanted to write it. My favorite song is "The nightingale". Always make me cry. So, so beautiful. And the voice of Juliee Cruise sounds like crying in the back vocals. I can listen it a million times. I would like to now how the music of Twin Peaks make you feel, did it make you cry too? Which song or melody excite you most?
My top five are:
1. The nightingale.
2. Just you and I.
3. The world spins.
4. Harold's theme.
5. Audrey's prayer.
Faster and faster...for a long time you wouldn't feel anything....than you'd burst into fire....forever...and the angels wouldn't help you....because they've all gone away...
dugpa
Site Admin

Re: The music that make you cry

Post by dugpa »

My personal favorites are:

Moving Through Time
Questions in a World of Blue
New Shoes
Half Heart
Audrey's Prayer

Moving Through Time will probably be my all time favorite. I don't think any song can top that one for me.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The World Spins
Audrey's Prayer
The Voice of Love
Shelly

These tracks can get me a bit misty eyed!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

Love Theme From Twin Peaks
Audrey's Prayer
Questions In A World Of Blue
The World Spins
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Doh! How could I forget the World Spins. Not sure if any of you ever got a chance to check out John Neff live with Rebekah Del Rio, but they had a song that was very similar to the World Spins called "No Stars". The tone and feel was right up there with the World Spins. Hopefully one day they will release it...

-B
garethw
RR Diner Member

Post by garethw »

Surprised that no one has mentioned "Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me" - moody, blue, truly haunting.

"Moving Through Time" is near the top of my list, too - but I'm always surprised that it wasn't used in the scenes where Laura's walking into the room in the picture on her wall. The wistful music seems like such a journey of discovery that I thought would match those images beautifully...
adammunkay

Post by adammunkay »

Hi everyone I am new here to the forum. The music of Angelo is one of the things that makes Twin Peaks such a work of art and it has inspired numerous artist. I personally like Laura Palmer's theme the best. It was sampled in the song "Go" by Moby and also there is a Fantomas interpretation of the music from Fire walk with me on their "Director's Cut" album that is amazing aswell. I could go on about the music for hours. Its one of my favorite things about Lynch's work.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

It's really hard to pick some songs since there are so many great tracks that I like but I'll just list my absolute favorites here:

The nightingale
Questions in a world of blue
The voice of love
human germ
Roadhouse Member

Post by human germ »

3. The world spins.
this is my favorite song. the melody is so very moving. donna sobs during this song; perhaps she, too, is affected by it?

Hi everyone I am new here to the forum. The music of Angelo is one of the things that makes Twin Peaks such a work of art and it has inspired numerous artist. I personally like Laura Palmer's theme the best. It was sampled in the song "Go" by Moby and also there is a Fantomas interpretation of the music from Fire walk with me on their "Director's Cut" album that is amazing aswell. I could go on about the music for hours. Its one of my favorite things about Lynch's work.
i have the above cd by moby.

i love angelo's work, too.

i also love julee cruise. a friend had her vhs 'industrial symphony #9'. i wished it were released on dvd; i'd love to own that...
done bun; can't be undone
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

"Questions in a World of Blue," followed closely by "The World Spins." Heartbreaking, gorgeous stuff, especially when you remember what was going on during the scenes where those songs were performed.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
crazyscottishguy
RR Diner Member

Post by crazyscottishguy »

questions in a world of blue
best friends
twin peaks theme (instrumental edit)
twin peaks - FWWM theme
the voice of love by juluee cruise
half heart
love theme