Library Music used at the RR or OEJ?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Sam Howzit
Roadhouse Member

Library Music used at the RR or OEJ?

Post by Sam Howzit »

Aloha all -

I've been playing around with music from Twin Peaks for the last few weeks. I've also been reading about and listening to "Production Music" (or Library Music ... particularly Bruton Music, Claude Larson, Keith Mansfield). I'm desperately seeking a track used in late 1970s / early 1980s educational films (some odd synthesizer thing) ... but that conversation is probably reserved for Hap's Diner. :D

Anyway, I got to thinking about the music from the Double R (which is also used as background music in OEJ). It just sounds like the production music I've been listening to. Very canned (if that makes sense).

Can anyone confirm if Angelo actually wrote/composed/played the music in these scenes? It seems so different from any of his other music from the series (or from other scores like Blue Velvet, etc).

By comparison, the Double R music from Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me (though we only hear a brief and ultra-quiet snippet) didn't even remotely match the music from the series. It's a great track and wish it would have been included on "Season 2." Oh well ... maybe in 25 years.

See You in the Trees,
Sam
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Library Music used at the RR or OEJ?

Post by Jerry Horne »

I can't speak for FWWM, however I've heard bootleg recordings of all the Double RR tracks and several of them contain what sounds like Angelo saying 1,2,3,4 right before the songs start. I'm very confident that they are all Badalementi.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Sam Howzit
Roadhouse Member

Re: Library Music used at the RR or OEJ?

Post by Sam Howzit »

Bummahs! Thanks for the confirmation, Jer.

Now I have even more admiration for Angelo's work. The stuff he did for RR and OEJ really was different. I was even thinking the "Fire in the Mill" music may have been a Library track. That track in particular sounded so ... 1980s television action series.

For FWWM, I think the track was titled "Double R Swing?" It's listed in the credits, if I recall correctly (a friend is currently borrowing my DVD so I can't confirm). We hear only a small snippet when Norma talks to Shelly then it cuts to Laura loading up the Meals on Wheels vehicle. One has to boost the sound via ... oh an editing tool like Adobe Audition ... to hear more. Or at least that is what I heard someone could do :wink:

Back to dreaming of a "More, More Music From Twin Peaks" CD,
Sam