Twin Peaks Soundtrack is 'Out Of Print'

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

iar
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Soundtrack is 'Out Of Print'

Post by iar »

dugpa wrote:I've been led to believe that there will be some unreleased vintage Lynch tracks but no word on which ones.
Oh my. 2010 is shaping up to be a bumper year! Talked about *excited*!! I'm crossing my fingers that some of these are TP tracks.. off the top of my head I can't remember what's missing, but I do remember buying Volume 2 and there was one particular track missing that I had hoped would be there.

I seem to think there's something missing from one of the films too...

Ok. I gotta go back through my soundtracks and figure this out!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

dugpa wrote:I've been led to believe that there will be some unreleased vintage Lynch tracks but no word on which ones.
Thougt Gang tracks (cool! - maybe some FWWM track?)
iar wrote:I'm crossing my fingers that some of these are TP tracks.. off the top of my head I can't remember what's missing, but I do remember buying Volume 2 and there was one particular track missing that I had hoped would be there.
Many tunes is missed from TP series. And I don't think those tunes will be released anytime soon... I'm tired of waiting... It's been 20 years!

So I'm extracting tracks from my Gold Box DVD's and i'm making make my own "missing music" CD's.

So here comes Santa!

After fine tuning sound and hard working in my sound editor heres first of the tracks:

Dick Tremayne's Swing

From the episode 9, when we first meet Dick (the only time they used this song). It was short (1 minute), so I re-contructed it to the song form (2:15) - hope song would sound similiar to my result.

Hope you like it :)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin - great extraction! I have an older extraction, however, I really like your editing - well done! I've just heard the music extracted from the start of episode 17 at the funeral (one of my favorite cues) I hope you give that a go! Keep us updated!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:qbin - great extraction! I have an older extraction, however, I really like your editing - well done! I've just heard the music extracted from the start of episode 17 at the funeral (one of my favorite cues) I hope you give that a go! Keep us updated!
Tnx Jerry.

I hope I'll extract every piece of unreleased music from the series. Now I have 8GB extracted wav files from all episodes. Many tracks are in pieces in 2-4 episodes in different quality. I'm trying to transform them into 'songs' - but it takes time, and lots of work - extracting, cleaning and reworking them into songs again. Some tracks are in horrible quality (mostly of the RR tracks, but many others also have many background noises, voices etc.) - but I'll do my best to bring them to life.

After funreal track is great - I will give it a go (as soon as I found it - many of those tracks have no titles, so I have to index them all first to know I have all the needed pieces to re-create song).

My favorite now is when Garland tells Bobby his dream.

More to come! I think few finished songs will be my gift for Christmas to all TP fans.
B_M

Post by B_M »

qbin2001 wrote:Dick Tremayne's Swing
Unfortunately wrzuta.pl is not working at this precise moment, so I was unable to check out the file. The sound quality is what interests me the most, because I myself wanted to rip the whole unreleased material from the series (and maybe that's not necessary). However, I would like to present some TP music I extracted recently. It's only a "beta" (the quality is original - no filters, only some major sfx deleted and amplitude corrections).

It obviously takes time that I don't have too much recently. I think I'll be able to complete the release. But that's off the map yet. Anyway, here are two of my favourite unreleased themes:

Hank's Theme
Falling (Nostalgia Version)
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

B_M wrote:
Unfortunately wrzuta.pl is not working at this precise moment, so I was unable to check out the file.
It should work now again.

Twin Peaks (Nostalgia Version) - great title BTW - my extract is almost finished.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

B_M wrote:
Unfortunately wrzuta.pl is not working at this precise moment, so I was unable to check out the file. The sound quality is what interests me the most, because I myself wanted to rip the whole unreleased material from the series (and maybe that's not necessary). However, I would like to present some TP music I extracted recently. It's only a "beta" (the quality is original - no filters, only some major sfx deleted and amplitude corrections).

It obviously takes time that I don't have too much recently. I think I'll be able to complete the release. But that's off the map yet. Anyway, here are two of my favourite unreleased themes:

Hank's Theme
Falling (Nostalgia Version)
Nice work!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I love all these links with "new" music! Thanks for posting all these, guys. I never would have found these otherwise.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
SMILLSOID
Roadhouse Member

Post by SMILLSOID »

Great work guys!!! Love it all. :D
The Stanley Kubrick Forum - http://stanleykubrick.yuku.com