Complete Soundtrack Fight

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Complete Soundtrack Fight

Post by Jerry Horne »

dugpa wrote:Bumping this thread to see if we can determine what may be next to be released and what is left to be released...
What an interesting subject! There is obviously quite a few TP tracks left to release, assuming you count every track (all the variations and so forth) It seems to me that there is a best and worse case scenario. The best would be that they simply release everything Badalementi has in his cupboard. This may or may not be a problem. Do they want to spend the money to polish tracks that they did not prepare back in 2007 for the 3rd release that has not happened until now (and who knows, maybe they will source them cheap from the DAT tapes). I think (and I could be wrong) those are the tracks we are getting now. This brings us to the worst case scenario - that we are only going to get about 70 more minutes of tracks and that's it. If that is the case, we for sure will probably not get all the Double RR tracks (at least they are on the bootlegs) and more obscure songs (think the exotic number we hear as Norma and Hank try to impress who they think might be a food critic)

A more realistic situation might be that they will simply release what was already planned for the third cd and then pick a further handful to close things out. What I'm hoping for is this; release everything as mp3's. Then release a further single cd for Amazon and so forth. Then, at the end, release a limited edition box set with every available track in a large style box with an oversized booklet with all the TP stills in Lynch's attic.

Oh, let's not forget about those 'On The Air' tracks...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Do they want to spend the money to polish tracks that they did not prepare back in 2007 for the 3rd release that has not happened until now (and who knows, maybe they will source them cheap from the DAT tapes). I think (and I could be wrong) those are the tracks we are getting now.
Based on just released 'Nostalgia Version' and what TP20 wrote in another thread I hope they will polish up as many tracks as it is possible. I and I think many, many fans wants all unreleased tracks, and we want to pay for it. When polishing will be too expensive I hope they release at least DAT versions. I will buy it without a blink! I've waited for this 20 years, and I'm happy as a child now!
Jerry Horne wrote:Oh, let's not forget about those 'On The Air' tracks...
Oh yes! And from Hotel Room - Title Theme is amazing.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

With Nostalgia and MT Wentz, it looks like my two top picks are already available! Can't wait for this download to finish...

As for other pieces, I would love full length versions of the unreleased tracks from Twin Peaks Montage (FWWM soundtrack) if they are available.

Also, surely I can't be the only one hoping for James' Theme?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:With Nostalgia and MT Wentz, it looks like my two top picks are already available! Can't wait for this download to finish...

As for other pieces, I would love full length versions of the unreleased tracks from Twin Peaks Montage (FWWM soundtrack) if they are available.

Also, surely I can't be the only one hoping for James' Theme?
If you mean the song that plays as James rides out of TP (and into the Evelyn story)- its what people have called "Americana", and its on many people's wish list. I believe the name comes from a coffee commercial contest on dl.com a couple of years back.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Thanks Ross - the 50s flavoured guitar tune is the one, and Americana seems a perfect name for it.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

I've made list of not-original-music from TP. This is it...

PENNSYLVANIA 6-5000
MAIRZY DOATS
GET HAPPY
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
THE SURREY WITH THE FRINGE ON TOP
WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD
TORNERAI
ON TOP OF OLD SMOKEY
BURY ME NOT ON THE LONE PRAIRIE
HOME ON THE RANGE
DIXIE (I WISH I WAS IN DIXIE)

RONDO CAPRICCOSO (Mendelsohn)
ALLEGRO MOLTO MODERATO from PIANO CONCERTO IN A MINOR (Grieg)
AGNUS DEI from REQUIEM IN C MINOR (Cherubini)

But who can tell something about next music?

- Icelandic songs (at least 4 in the series)
- Opera song (Briggs's family dinner / Donna, James and police at Wallie's)
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Kraps

Post by Kraps »

Shouldn't this non-originals list be pinned or incorporated into the music guides?
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

DEniZZrus wrote: But who can tell something about next music?

- Icelandic songs (at least 4 in the series)
- Opera song (Briggs's family dinner / Donna, James and police at Wallie's)
Is this the song that was released in the TPA as "La Speranza"? Also, i think somebody ascertained that it was in fact a Badalamenti original with an unknown vocalist.