Thomas Truax: Songs from the films of David Lynch

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

douglasb
RR Diner Member

Thomas Truax: Songs from the films of David Lynch

Post by douglasb »

I did a quick search and couldn't see a thread yet.

(2009) Digipak CD album. 10 seductive Truaxifications of Lynchian classics.

"Truly unsettling and perplexingly brilliant... testament to both the quality of Lynch's soundtracks and Truax's talents" - The Skinny

01 Wicked Game
02 Twin Peaks (Falling)
03 Baby Please Don't Go
04 Blue Velvet
05 I'm Deranged
06 Audrey's Dance
07 Black Tambourine
08 I Put A Spell On You
09 In Heaven (Lady In The Radiator Song)
10 In Dreams

http://thomastruax.bigcartel.com/

Falling is genius and worth the entry price alone. There are a few other goodies and a few that are just middling. If you like Isaak/Nick Cave or, indeed, the songs from the films of DL, you should like it fine enough!

D.

(Actually I realise now this shoulda maybe have been in the other forum. Big dumb me.)
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Re: Thomas Truax: Songs from the films of David Lynch

Post by mixomatosis »

This is on Spotify...... erm, this is very weird. Not in a good way I think. I'm 3 tracks in, and he's completely murdered Falling, turning it into a dreary piece of indie pop with absolutely none of the emotion you'd think would be inherent in such a piece of music. I dread to think what he's done to In Heaven...

FAKE EDIT: Alright, In Heaven and Audrey's Dance are OK I suppose. Black Tambourine was completely unnecessary though, and the rest are completely forgettable. Except for Falling, which is frankly a travesty.
conspirateur

Re: Thomas Truax: Songs from the films of David Lynch

Post by conspirateur »

I didn't know he'd done this album!

I saw him live a couple of times a couple of years ago, he's this mad American living in England (I think?) who makes all these bizarre homemade instruments called things like 'the hornicator'.

he's got a twisted tom waits thing going on...