Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: David Lynch.com Twin Peaks Music Official Thread

Post by underthefan »

T P 20 wrote:David's musical collaborator/colleague Dean is the man we have to thank for a lot of this stuff. The pace of releases and the schedule are deliberate-- it will require patience from us, but it's meant to be something which grows and is ongoing. It would be easy to dump everything out all at once I guess, but a lot of time is being taken to clean up the tracks, do comparisons with the mix from the series/film, write accompanying notes, etc. They know who their audience is and they are doing this the right way. It'll be worth the wait.

P.S. A version of Sycamore Trees by Koko Taylor????!!
That's fantastic! Thank you so much and thank you to the amazing Mr. Dean!!
Well, only if you insist: :lol:

1. Teresa Banks Theme/Fat Trout Trailer Park Theme - Hopefullly Lynch will release this with the photos he took of Pam Gidley by her Trailer, I read they shot a whole role of film.
2. Phillip Jefferies Theme (I wonder if they wrote music for his Deleted Scenes. Now that would be awesome)
3. RR Swing
4. Sycamore Trees Instrumental from Twin Peaks FWWM
5. Sycamore Trees sung by Koko Taylor (one of the members of her band mentioned this to me when I went to see her back in the late 90's)
6. Any alternative versions of Moving through Time or any FWWM Alternative mix
I also support all of Dugpa's choices! For me, any music from FWWM is a cause for celebration! :mrgreen:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Today is the 21st anniversary of Twin Peaks! Will we get a new track today? :P

-Edit- Nope! Let's hope for Sunday :)
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

Requests eh? Well I know I've already done a copy of this, but I'd love to get a crystal clear version of the Falling demo featured on the Soil Samples 15 7". Anything else I'd add would merely repeat what others have already suggested. Ta.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Another request... the creepy music that plays during the opening credits of Episode 25 (while Truman is asleep in the Bookhouse, about to be attacked by Jones). It sounds like a woman howling or something.

What the hell kind of instrument is making those sounds, by the way? It reminds me of the camping scene in "Stand by Me" where the kids freak out when they hear the howling noises in the woods. :lol:
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Twin Peaks Nostalgia Bundle added!

3 versions!!!!

Twin Peaks Theme (Harp and Guitar)
Twin Peaks Theme (Nostalgia Version)
Twin Peaks Theme (Solo Rhodes)
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

What a perfect way to end my evening! "Nostalgia" has been one of my holy grails for a long time and this three track bundle is just an amazing gift to hear.

Love the image they chose for the album art too - "health and industry go hand in hand!"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I love how they are mixing both Twin Peaks and FWWM. You never know what to expect!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Damn! This is getting good!
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-11 at 10.28.04 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-04-11 at 10.28.04 PM.png (156.31 KiB) Viewed 9660 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Heavenly!!

I will say it again... the Twin Peaks Archive on Davidlynch.com is the Best. Thing. EVER.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

bosguy1981 wrote:Heavenly!!

I will say it again... the Twin Peaks Archive on Davidlynch.com is the Best. Thing. EVER.
Couldn't agree more! Just one question for you guys: is any of these three the M.T. Wentz Theme?
Guy Quenneville
Roadhouse Member

Post by Guy Quenneville »

Can't wait to get to work to download these new tracks.

As for what else I'd like to see, I don't know that anyone else has specifically mentioned the staccato, electric-guitar-ish-sounding version of Laura's theme that plays in the pilot, when Cooper is interrogating Donna at the sheriff's station and she cries. Love that rendition of it.

Also, there's a moodier, slower version of Packard's Vibrations that plays in the first scene of the second act of Episode 22, when Truman goes to visit Josie at the Blue Pine Lodge when she is in full maid regalia.

And yes, that low rumbling that accompanies the aftermath of Cooper's shooting during the season two opener was more texture than music, but it was frequently relied upon throughout the rest of the second season when a suggestion of "dark forces at work" was needed (Josie's death, several scenes with Windom.)
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

underthefan wrote: Couldn't agree more! Just one question for you guys: is any of these three the M.T. Wentz Theme?
Yes! The 5-1/2 minute Solo for Rhodes version of the TP Theme that you get in the "Nostalgia Version" bundle is the version played during the MT Wentz sequence.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Guy Quenneville wrote: And yes, that low rumbling that accompanies the aftermath of Cooper's shooting during the season two opener was more texture than music, but it was frequently relied upon throughout the rest of the second season when a suggestion of "dark forces at work" was needed (Josie's death, several scenes with Windom.)
Yes, I really hope they release that music. I re-watched the series over the last month and that piece was used all throughout Episode 27, too. I kinda forgot it was used in places other than Episode 8.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

bosguy1981 wrote:
underthefan wrote: Couldn't agree more! Just one question for you guys: is any of these three the M.T. Wentz Theme?
Yes! The 5-1/2 minute Solo for Rhodes version of the TP Theme that you get in the "Nostalgia Version" bundle is the version played during the MT Wentz sequence.
That's what I thought! Awesomeeee!! Thanks, bos!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

underthefan wrote:Couldn't agree more! Just one question for you guys: is any of these three the M.T. Wentz Theme?
YES!!!!! The "Twin Peaks (Solo Rhodes)" track IS the MT Wentz theme in its glorious full-length version!! Amazing. THANKS dl.com!

Actually, the "nostalgia" version itself uses part of this track for its second half (which is how it was in the televised version). They presented the nostalgia version as it was in the Ben scene- although here they have added a bit of solo harp to the beginning.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/