Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

Guy Quenneville
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Guy Quenneville » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm feeling pretty good right now.
Guy Quenneville
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Guy Quenneville » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:09 pm

And I love how the description strongly hints at eventual Miss Twin Peaks and Milford Wedding bundles.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:I think they are reading this forum! Cheers!

Yes- they must be Jerry!!!!! Thank you dl.com for all of the releases! Amazing.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:30 pm

So, where are these four tracks heard within the series? Is GN #3 the Wine Tasting scene?
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:35 pm

Guy Quenneville wrote:-- Ed and Norma Love Anthem: The Twin Peaks Theme gets the romantic, solo piano treatment full of yearning and hope in this scene heralding Ed and Norma's decision to finally get together.

The track from the above scene (episode 20) is the "Twin Peaks Theme (Solo Piano)" released in this bundle I believe. The televised version looped and rearranged it a bit, but this must be the original version. I think the Ed & Norma scene is the only place in the series that its heard, right?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Guy Quenneville
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Guy Quenneville » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Ross wrote:
Guy Quenneville wrote:-- Ed and Norma Love Anthem: The Twin Peaks Theme gets the romantic, solo piano treatment full of yearning and hope in this scene heralding Ed and Norma's decision to finally get together.

The track from the above scene (episode 20) is the "Twin Peaks Theme (Solo Piano)" released in this bundle I believe. The televised version looped and rearranged it a bit, but this must be the original version. I think the Ed & Norma scene is the only place in the series that its heard, right?


Yep, that's it. What a great bonus.

And in answer to Jerry Horne:

-- Great Northern Piano Tune #1: First appearance: Episode 13. This one plays in the background as Ben and Tojamura discuss their Ghostwoods transaction. Returns in Episode 24, when Mike and Nadine attempt to check in at the Great Northern as the Hinckmans, and Episode 26, when Dick's wine tasting goes sour.

-- Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie and Truman piano variation): First appearance: Episode 13. People know this mostly from the start of Episode 24, when it plays, with saxophone, over a montage of nostalgia-tinged Truman and Josie moments. But it actually makes it first appearance here, in piano form, as Pete unsuspectingly has a conversation about showtunes with Catherine in Tojamura get-up. The classic Josie and Truman version, with saxophone, first appears in Episode 20, when Catherine visits Ben in his Robert E. Lee state of delusion.

Great Northern Piano Tune #2 returns in Episode 23, when Ben, Audrey and John Justice Wheeler share dinner at the Great Northern (until Ben is informed that the cook just tried to stab Jerry, that is)

-- Great Northern Piano Tune #3: First appearance: Episode 15. Sultry track that plays when Hank and Eddie hobnob during a break in their dinner with Norma and her mom. Plays again in Episode in Episode 25 as Cooper, in Owl Cave getup, tells Annie he's willing to help her come to terms with her past and in Episode 26 during the Stop Ghostwood wine tasting.

Number 3's my personal favorite.

They SO check this board. I love it.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:So, where are these four tracks heard within the series? Is GN #3 the Wine Tasting scene?

Jerry, yes it is (both #1 & #3 actually) - here's the breakdown:

Great Northern Piano Tune #1:
Episode 13- Ben meets with Tojamura
Episode 24- Mike and Nadine check in
Episode 26- Wine tasting scene 2

Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie And Truman):
Episode 13- Pete talks to Tojamura
Episode 14- Catherine reveals herself as Tojamura to Pete (slowed down)
Episode 23- Ben & Audrey eat with JJW (before his theme kicks in)

Great Northern Piano Tune #3:
Episode 15- Norma & Hank have dinner with Ernie and Viv
Episode 25- Annie orders a drink/talks to Cooper
Episode 26- Wine tasting scene 1
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Guy and Ross - much appreciated! Eventually, one of us needs to start a list of Archive releases and state which episode and scene the track first appears in. There are probably others like myself who will want to sequence every track into chronological order once everything gets released. Maybe I'll start that next week.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:11 pm

Guy Quenneville wrote:And I love how the description strongly hints at eventual Miss Twin Peaks and Milford Wedding bundles.

I think you are right, Guy! (Although the Miss Twin Peaks Pageant actually takes place at the Roadhouse)
Last edited by Ross on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Guy Quenneville
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Guy Quenneville » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:17 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:Guy and Ross - much appreciated! Eventually, one of us needs to start a list of Archive releases and state which episode and scene the track first appears in. There are probably others like myself who will want to sequence every track into chronological order once everything gets released. Maybe I'll start that next week.


I suggest you check out the musical guides created by qbin and myself. They're their own threads on this board. They do exactly that!
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4452
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:42 pm

Guy Quenneville wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Guy and Ross - much appreciated! Eventually, one of us needs to start a list of Archive releases and state which episode and scene the track first appears in. There are probably others like myself who will want to sequence every track into chronological order once everything gets released. Maybe I'll start that next week.


I suggest you check out the musical guides created by qbin and myself. They're their own threads on this board. They do exactly that!


Guy - for sure I know about those threads and the great work you guys have done. However, this list would be in order of Archive releases so that it would be easier to sequence for iTunes lists or cd burning. But yes, I will reference those lists to get the project started.
User avatar
dugpa
Site Admin
Posts: 1229
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby dugpa » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 pm

I was a little scared when Tuesday came and still no music, but releasing a bundle more than made up for it. :)

It would be so sad if the tunes were to stop one day. Definitely makes me appreciate the music even more that they are being released piecemeal and being able to enjoy and discuss each and every track on their own merits. Great stuff!
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:11 pm

dugpa wrote:I was a little scared when Tuesday came and still no music, but releasing a bundle more than made up for it. :)

It would be so sad if the tunes were to stop one day. Definitely makes me appreciate the music even more that they are being released piecemeal and being able to enjoy and discuss each and every track on their own merits. Great stuff!

Agreed 100% The Archive really is the best case scenario. I never thought we'd see any of these tunes released. Just an amazing thing. And since it does seem that the folks at dl.com read this thread sometimes- a huge, heartfelt "thank you" for releasing all of these tracks for the fans!!!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
underthefan
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby underthefan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:54 am

Ross wrote:Agreed 100% The Archive really is the best case scenario. I never thought we'd see any of these tunes released. Just an amazing thing. And since it does seem that the folks at dl.com read this thread sometimes- a huge, heartfelt "thank you" for releasing all of these tracks for the fans!!!

My sentiments exactly! What a great bundle! Thank you to the DL.com team and the man I believe responsible for all of this (including writing the phenomenal descriptions) - I believe someone mentioned his name is Dean. Thank you so much for all of your great work and we can't wait for more tracks from the series and the film!

Viva la DL.com!! :P
User avatar
jdh.goodgrief
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby jdh.goodgrief » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:06 am

Good bundle, and well priced. Great Northern Piano Tune #3 has a real Guaraldi Peanuts vibe to it.

Odd that Twin Peaks Theme (solo piano) isn't the one that was on Angelo's MySpace page ahead of the Season 2 release (which was the version included in the FWWM Montage). This Ed and Norma version is great to have, and fingers crossed the other, more heart-rending version will still see release in a Montage Pack, if they can do one.

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests