Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:03 pm

DEniZZrus wrote:I think it's original but wind noise makes it "darker". And climax section is the same piano version but slightly faster.

I think you are probably right on this. I'm not sure, but it seems like the original to me too. But the mixing and sound effects make it sound a little different/darker.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4434
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:17 pm

Podcast celebrating the music of Twin Peaks:

http://5-against-4.blogspot.com/2011/06 ... peaks.html
User avatar
Fred&Ginger
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:03 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Fred&Ginger » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:51 am

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:I think it's original but wind noise makes it "darker". And climax section is the same piano version but slightly faster.
I think you are probably right on this. I'm not sure, but it seems like the original to me too. But the mixing and sound effects make it sound a little different/darker.

I agree. But I have to say it has never affected me more emotionally than in this scene. It makes me cry every single time I watch it. Maybe it's something to do with Sheryl Lee, though. I think that's her best scene.

To be fair to all the fans (and customers), they should have a series release one week, then a film release the next week, and so on. That way everyone's wishes will be fulfilled!
"Where are the cookies?"
"You mean Fred & Ginger?"
"Dancing..."
User avatar
chriss
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby chriss » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:41 am

What day are new tracks usually released? :) since I've bought them all I'm very excited for the next!
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:07 am

chriss wrote:What day are new tracks usually released? :) since I've bought them all I'm very excited for the next!

Chris- I'm not sure anymore. When they first started it was random, but then they settled into a late monday night/early tues schedule for many, many weeks. But the last two weeks its been late wed/early thurs. So, i guess we shall see.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
chriss
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby chriss » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:41 am

Ross wrote:Chris- I'm not sure anymore. When they first started it was random, but then they settled into a late monday night/early tues schedule for many, many weeks. But the last two weeks its been late wed/early thurs. So, i guess we shall see.


Ah I see, thank you. :) Looking forward to the next one, hopefully it will be Jacoby's coconut. Really want that one.
jtorrice
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:09 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby jtorrice » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:48 pm

I posted about this awhile ago but never heard anything about it. Was wondering if anyone knew if the "Christmas version" of the main theme existed anywhere. If no one is sure what I'm talking about it's featured in the stop motion holiday promo featured on the Gold Box Set. Any info would be great.
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby qbin2001 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:24 am

chriss wrote:
Ross wrote:Chris- I'm not sure anymore. When they first started it was random, but then they settled into a late monday night/early tues schedule for many, many weeks. But the last two weeks its been late wed/early thurs. So, i guess we shall see.


Ah I see, thank you. :) Looking forward to the next one, hopefully it will be Jacoby's coconut. Really want that one.


yeah... I can't wait for this one too.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 pm

jtorrice wrote:I posted about this awhile ago but never heard anything about it. Was wondering if anyone knew if the "Christmas version" of the main theme existed anywhere. If no one is sure what I'm talking about it's featured in the stop motion holiday promo featured on the Gold Box Set. Any info would be great.

I wonder if there is a longer version than the one in the commercial?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:35 pm

So I wonder if the new release day is going to be late wed/early thurs from now on. Or more random.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
chriss
Posts: 23
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby chriss » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Hopefully it will be tonight/tomorrow morning again. :)
User avatar
jdh.goodgrief
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby jdh.goodgrief » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Ross wrote:
jtorrice wrote:I posted about this awhile ago but never heard anything about it. Was wondering if anyone knew if the "Christmas version" of the main theme existed anywhere. If no one is sure what I'm talking about it's featured in the stop motion holiday promo featured on the Gold Box Set. Any info would be great.

I wonder if there is a longer version than the one in the commercial?


Maybe we'll get it in December.:)
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:33 pm

jdh.goodgrief wrote:
Ross wrote:
jtorrice wrote:I posted about this awhile ago but never heard anything about it. Was wondering if anyone knew if the "Christmas version" of the main theme existed anywhere. If no one is sure what I'm talking about it's featured in the stop motion holiday promo featured on the Gold Box Set. Any info would be great.

I wonder if there is a longer version than the one in the commercial?


Maybe we'll get it in December.:)

Exactly what I was thinking!!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:28 pm

So that's my updated TOP-10 from waiting list:

1. I WANT ALL MY GARMONBOZIA
2. JAMES IS VISITING LAURA
3. THE PETROGLYPH (aka OWL CAVE)
4. DARK MOOD WOODS (clear version)
5. AUDREY'S DANCE (fast clean version)
6. JOSIE'S FATE
7. FRESHLY SQUEEZED (soprano clarinet fast version)
8. LOVE THEME (xylophone version)
9. TWIN PEAKS THEME (harp version)
10. THE COCONUT
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:16 pm

Here's my updated wish list:

- Audrey's Prayer (Goodbye/Wake Version) (episode 17)
Harold's Theme bundle:
- Harold's Theme (Alternate Version) (episode 18 - Josie tells Truman about her past)
AND - A longer version (than on the second soundtrack) of Harold's Theme with the extended bits heard during his storyline
- John Justice Wheeler's Theme
- Full version of "James & Evelyn"
- The five versions of "Beginnings and Endings" or "Josie's Fate":
Josie version/Ring version
Caroline version
Catherine returns version
Pete version
Letter from Harold version
- Owl Cave
- 24 Hours
- Dick Tremayne's Swing
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest