Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:DANCE OF THE DREAM MAN (drums & bass version)
- Ben learns of M.T.Wentz's forthcoming arrival
- Cooper and company are waiting for outcome of a showdown between Lana and mayor Milford
Also:
Ben & Catherine (as Tojamura) stare at each other from across the Great Northern Lobby
DEniZZrus wrote:Well, looks like released flute and clarinets solo versions were never used in the series singly whereas slow-tempo versions were...
Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Clarinet)
Episode 12: Ben gives Cooper ransom money for Audrey (first 5 seconds of track)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Solo clarinet #2 is solo from "First morning at #315" scene
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Just AMAZING! Thank you Dean!

I will update lists on Sunday.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

DEniZZrus wrote:Solo clarinet #2 is solo from "First morning at #315" scene
I'm always thrilled at whatever DL.com posts, though I'd kiiinda wish we'd gotten the version of this that's actually in Episode #1 (clarinet + the drums & bass) rather than all of these separate stems. But I'm not complaining, keep these great bundles coming!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

TheArm wrote:
I'm always thrilled at whatever DL.com posts, though I'd kiiinda wish we'd gotten the version of this that's actually in Episode #1 (clarinet + the drums & bass) rather than all of these separate stems. But I'm not complaining, keep these great bundles coming!
I think we will get the full version as well.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Now that we've seen so many tracks released, are there any tracks that people are surprised we haven't seen yet? I'm surprised we haven't seen these:

Bookhouse Boys (As a stand-alone track)
Hank's Theme (Used quite a lot)
John Justice Wheeler's Theme
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano versions)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Strings/Bass Guitar Punctuation) (Again, used quite a lot)

Always something to look forward to!! :D
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

We had Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room on the Season Two (and more) soundtrack, and have since had the full version of Dark Mood Woods. Does that mean there is a full version of The Red Room knocking about too?

Also, has anyone played the Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Sax) direct from DL.com? It sounds a lot slower, and I actually really like it. Is that a fault, or is there a slower version? It doesn't do that with any other track. Just curious I guess.

AND I didn't realise it was the fantastic Mr Hurley who worked with Lynch on the "The Air Is On Fire" soundscapes. I love those. :D
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Ross wrote:Now that we've seen so many tracks released, are there any tracks that people are surprised we haven't seen yet? I'm surprised we haven't seen these:

Bookhouse Boys (As a stand-alone track)
Hank's Theme (Used quite a lot)
John Justice Wheeler's Theme
Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano versions)
Laura Palmer's Theme (Strings/Bass Guitar Punctuation) (Again, used quite a lot)

Always something to look forward to!! :D
I'm amazed that LPT Piano and Shelly Quits haven't been released yet, since both were cleaned up and on Angelo's MySpace before the Season Two CD came out. I thought they were nailed on to be among the first few releases.
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

Just purchased Slow Speed Orchestra Bundle 1 (lossless). WoW that is mind blowing stuff. Anyone know if the Philip Jeffries song (we live inside a dream) is going to be released soon?

Red room is one of my favorite songs. I thought the one released on the season two cd was the full version but maybe not.
The black dog runs at night.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

I wonder if we'll get FRESHLY SQUEEZED BUNDLE and AUDREY'S DANCE BUNDLE after DANCE OF THE DREAM MAN BUNDLE.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

[quote="hopesfall"]We had Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room on the Season Two (and more) soundtrack, and have since had the full version of Dark Mood Woods. Does that mean there is a full version of The Red Room knocking about too?/quote]

I'm really hoping we get a solo version of 'The Red Room' to fit along side the solo version of 'Dark Mood Woods'.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

kyuzo wrote:Just purchased Slow Speed Orchestra Bundle 1 (lossless). WoW that is mind blowing stuff. Anyone know if the Philip Jeffries song (we live inside a dream) is going to be released soon?
I too am hopeful for the Phillip Jeffries theme. I was watching it the other it gave me chills just listening to that track. In my opinion, the music from FWWM is probably the greatest music collaboration between Lynch and Badalamenti.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I too am hopeful for the Phillip Jeffries theme. I was watching it the other it gave me chills just listening to that track. In my opinion, the music from FWWM is probably the greatest music collaboration between Lynch and Badalamenti.
Couldn't agree more! FWWM Slow Speed Bundle Pleasseeee!!
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

dugpa wrote:In my opinion, the music from FWWM is probably the greatest music collaboration between Lynch and Badalamenti.
Absolutely. I did part of my dissertation on Lynch and Badalamenti a few years back, focusing solely on Mulholland Drive. A great soundtrack, one of my all-time favourites, but the only reason I didn't focus on FWWM was because it coincided with a point in my life at which watching that film just reduced me to a blubbering wreck. I'm over it now, but the emotional punch that film held over me, of which the music was such a huge part of, is very powerful. Even now The Voice Of Love still gets to me. Much as I love the MD music, FWWM was certainly for me, for want of a better term, the peak of their collaboration.

I think it goes without saying what I think of the continuing efforts of Dean and everyone involved in this project.

For disclosure: Lost Highway was clearly all about Adamson and the Gen-Xers, not Angelo; I own and cherish a signed copy of The Wicker Man soundtrack on CD... but would prefer to have FWWM signed of course. What a hardship.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote:Well, looks like released flute and clarinets solo versions were never used in the series singly whereas slow-tempo versions were...
Dance Of The Dream Man (Solo Clarinet)
Episode 12: Ben gives Cooper ransom money for Audrey (first 5 seconds of track)[/quote]
But it's probably a standalone track (it's not just mixed with "drums and bass" version - it contains extra sounds at the beginning).
Episode 6
Dance of the Dream Man (Solo Clarinet) - Sheriff and Cooper leaves hotel lobby for OEJ and Audrey comes looking for Cooper
Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:DANCE OF THE DREAM MAN (drums & bass version)
Also:
Ben & Catherine (as Tojamura) stare at each other from across the Great Northern Lobby
It also contains "Dance of the Dream Man (Solo Flute)" mixed in.

PS: All lists updated :-)