Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by underthefan »

Yeah, for real, I have to thank Dean once again. What a dedication and commitment to all the TP fans, despite all the obstacles. Dude, you're seriosly the best. This has been an incredible journey and I really hope it goes on until every single last Twin Peaks track is released and each fan gets their own dream wish. I just got mine this week. :D

I'm not ashamed to say it, Twin Peaks Archive is one of the best things that happened to me in 2011. Here's to 2012!
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

Due to the magnitude of this latest release I want to personally thank Dean once more for of all his hard work and effort to share these tracks with twin peaks fans. This has been the most anticipated release for me and it is a dream come true to now have most of my favorite FWWM tracks. I love the alternate saxophone theme, that was a great surprise too. "It's Your Father" might be my favorite because it is so dark and haunting.

I want to extend the "Phillip Jefferies" track by adding the consecutive segment from "Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me", but I have not yet identified which portion is played. I like the idea mixomatosis mentioned that would be a pretty intense listening experience.
The black dog runs at night.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

kyuzo wrote:Due to the magnitude of this latest release I want to personally thank Dean once more for of all his hard work and effort to share these tracks with twin peaks fans. This has been the most anticipated release for me and it is a dream come true to now have most of my favorite FWWM tracks. I love the alternate saxophone theme, that was a great surprise too. "It's Your Father" might be my favorite because it is so dark and haunting.

I want to extend the "Phillip Jefferies" track by adding the consecutive segment from "Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me", but I have not yet identified which portion is played. I like the idea mixomatosis mentioned that would be a pretty intense listening experience.
Agreed that Dean is amazing. This past year has been a dream come true.

I am going to take a closer listen to the Jeffries scene and will let you know what I find.

And for anyone interested, a massive FWWM update on my covers site:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... undle.html
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

Those are some really awesome covers great job Ross.
The black dog runs at night.
BookhouseBoyBob2

Post by BookhouseBoyBob2 »

underthefan wrote:I'm not ashamed to say it, Twin Peaks Archive is one of the best things that happened to me in 2011. Here's to 2012!

I will definitely second that...never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined a scenario where nearly all the music would be released..still a few things I'm jonzing for...but highly grateful for what has been offered..
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Yeahh!! I've only been a Twin Peaks fan since about 7 years ago, and i've been waiting for these tracks since then and its an unbelievable treat; but the folks who were of an age to watch it when it was first on (i was but a little boy and not allowed to stay up late aww) it must be like manna from the gods! Dean is the man!!!! A million thanks!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It is. Back in the day, Twisted folks like myself would tape record the music (dialogue and all) off VHS tapes onto cassette tapes to play in our cars and stereos.

I even brought a tape recorder into a showing of FWWM and taped the entire film audio so I could listen back to the tape on my way from and to school.

As said earlier in this thread, the Twin Peaks Archive music releases are one of the highlights of 2011.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:It is. Back in the day, Twisted folks like myself would tape record the music (dialogue and all) off VHS tapes onto cassette tapes to play in our cars and stereos.

I even brought a tape recorder into a showing of FWWM and taped the entire film audio so I could listen back to the tape on my way from and to school.

As said earlier in this thread, the Twin Peaks Archive music releases are one of the highlights of 2011.
Yeah, I used to listen to a self-made audio cassette as well- taped directly from my (taped from the original broadcasts) VHS tapes of many tracks (Shelly, Annie And Cooper, Audrey's Prayer, Twin Peaks (Rhodes), etc.) I still hear some of the dialogue in my head when I hear some of the tracks.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

kyuzo wrote:Those are some really awesome covers great job Ross.
Thanks very much!
mjwilson
Roadhouse Member

Post by mjwilson »

Just wanted to add my voice to all those saying "thanks" for the continuing releases of Peaks music. Incredible work.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Ross wrote:
kyuzo wrote:I want to extend the "Phillip Jefferies" track by adding the consecutive segment from "Theme From Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me", but I have not yet identified which portion is played.
I am going to take a closer listen to the Jeffries scene and will let you know what I find.
The portion of the FWWM theme heard in the Jeffries scene is from around 0:30-2:20 of the original track. It's mixed with the reversed track that is the base of "It's Your Father" (and is also used for part of the "Phillip Jeffries track itself). But it has some extra elements mixed in in both cases.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I was able to convince the folks at Ain't It Cool News to post an article on the Twin Peaks Archive.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52250
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

dugpa wrote:I was able to convince the folks at Ain't It Cool News to post an article on the Twin Peaks Archive.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/52250
That's awesome! I don't know how many more releases there can possibly be, but it's been a wonderful ride and thanks so much Dean for everything. The Archive has been an embarrassment of riches and I can't wait for whatever is left.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

:twisted: I feel like the soundtrack to hell just got released :twisted:

With the archive releases, Ross' album art covers, TP Podcasts, Secret Diary reissue, and BluRay release, all is good in TP fandomland.

Dean, please release EVERYTHING YOU HAVE. We'll buy it! :lol:

Ross, keep up the awesome covers with no 2 alike (even existing ones lol)! :D

Deleted Scenes, I have a feeling somehow, someway we will see you someday, although I believe the hype is way over the top as far as expectations concerning advancing the story at this point .

Jerry, thanks for the deleted script scene with the gloved hand outisde the Heyward house window! :shock:
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Ross, it would be great if you'll made front & back side covers for special Ultimate full albums:
- TWIN PEAKS. The series (or alternatively for Season One and for Season Two)
- TWIN PEAKS. Fire walk with me

For example it would be FWWM album with 11 tracks from 1992 CD (except "Sycamore Trees") + 21 track from the Archive (+ possible 4 unreleased themes) sorted in order of appearance in the film. :wink:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!