Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:15 am

The Studio Version of Dark Mood Woods is just amazing. Epic. A complete surprise. I had thought perhaps they had just mixed the original differently somehow. But nope! Its a whole different (10 min!!) track. Although the part in the write-up that says it is "certainly audible at several points throughout the show" doesn't really make sense.

So the piano track (named One Eyed Jack's Parlour Music) is unused, right?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:03 am

So the piano track (named One Eyed Jack's Parlour Music) is unused, right?

Right. Aternate rejected version perhaps.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:27 am

Ross wrote:The Studio Version of Dark Mood Woods is just amazing. Epic. A complete surprise. I had thought perhaps they had just mixed the original differently somehow. But nope! Its a whole different (10 min!!) track. Although the part in the write-up that says it is "certainly audible at several points throughout the show" doesn't really make sense.


Maybe he meant throughout episode 29? Also, we do hear Dark Mood Woods in the special recap that played before episode 24.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:35 am

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:The Studio Version of Dark Mood Woods is just amazing. Epic. A complete surprise. I had thought perhaps they had just mixed the original differently somehow. But nope! Its a whole different (10 min!!) track. Although the part in the write-up that says it is "certainly audible at several points throughout the show" doesn't really make sense.


Maybe he meant throughout episode 29? Also, we do hear Dark Mood Woods in the special recap that played before episode 24.

I'll have to double check, But I believe this Studio Version is only heard in the early scene at the station when the Log Lady brings the oil, and Ronette is brought in. I think the Original version is heard during the rest of the episode, in the episode 24 recap, the Log Lady intros and in FWWM. What do you think Q? Is that correct?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:40 am

Ah. To me it sounds like we can hear it when Coop and Harry approach the Black Lodge. I need to watch that scene again.

Sublime track - this goes right into the top 10 of all time.
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:43 am

No. I'm sure it sounds ONLY at sheriff's office scene.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:01 pm

I could listen to both versions of Dark Mood Woods together on a continuous loop and never get tired of it!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
DamnFine
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:30 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DamnFine » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Hi Friends. I'm having some difficulty downloading the new Dark Woods track. I have bought all of the Twin Peaks Archive tracks so far but when I select the media type for the new track the next screen just displays 'Missing argument :configuration!' and won't let me continue. This hasn't happened to me before. I have tried two computers and two browsers but get the same.

Is anyone else having this difficulty or can anyone maybe advise me? Thanks in advance for your help everyone!
User avatar
kyuzo
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby kyuzo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:40 pm

I love dark mood woods studio version, it is one of the most powerful compositions I've heard from Badalamenti. I am still hoping an extended red room track exists in the archives. One eyed jacks parlour music is really cool too. Excellent release from Dean, thank you so much.
The black dog runs at night.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 pm

DEniZZrus wrote:No. I'm sure it sounds ONLY at sheriff's office scene.

I was just looking at the last episode again, and it sounds to me like its the studio version in the scene where Andy asks Truman if he wants the plate special. As well as the last part of the final scene with Cooper in the bathroom (from where he smashes his head).
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4488
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:59 pm

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:No. I'm sure it sounds ONLY at sheriff's office scene.

I was just looking at the last episode again, and it sounds to me like its the studio version in the scene where Andy asks Truman if he wants the plate special. As well as the last part of the final scene with Cooper in the bathroom (from where he smashes his head).


I thought so!
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby qbin2001 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:No. I'm sure it sounds ONLY at sheriff's office scene.

I was just looking at the last episode again, and it sounds to me like its the studio version in the scene where Andy asks Truman if he wants the plate special. As well as the last part of the final scene with Cooper in the bathroom (from where he smashes his head).


I thought so!


Also in last part of the dinner scene (Red Room corridor part). Season 2 track list updated.

I must say I didn't saw it's coming. I lost hopes for this track few weeks ago and it was biggest surprise I had. I LOVE this track and it's my number one from 1990's. I waited 20 years to get this one and dreamed of this day frequently for the most part of my life. I almost cried when I finally heard this release for the first time. It's the greatest Christmas gift I ever get, I just can't get the right words to thank you Dean, David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti for this track. It's the most haunting, beautiful and sad track I ever heard. Thank you again all for making my dream come true! :D
User avatar
hopesfall
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:33 am
Location: Coventry, UK

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby hopesfall » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:05 am

DEniZZrus wrote:
So the piano track (named One Eyed Jack's Parlour Music) is unused, right?

Right. Aternate rejected version perhaps.


This excites me more than anything about the archive. I, for one, love the fact that these unused tracks are there. They might not be in the series itself, but they're still a part of the Twin Peaks "world" in their own way, and who knows what others may be unearthed soon. :D

Another fantastic release Dean et al! Have a great Christmas!
User avatar
alek2702
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby alek2702 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:40 pm

I was completely unaware of the releases until a couple of days ago :oops:
I downloaded the whole Archive, spent a couple of hours sorting the tracks more or less chronologically and what can I say... I'm in heaven (or is it the White Lodge?) :D
S2 soundtrack benefited from the additional tracks especially.

Many thanks to everyone involved in this project!
User avatar
alek2702
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:00 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby alek2702 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:03 pm

DamnFine wrote:Is anyone else having this difficulty or can anyone maybe advise me? Thanks in advance for your help everyone!

I had to try 4 different browsers before I finally bought the tracks, so maybe try another browser (either IE or Chrome worked for me, I can't remember).

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests