Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

User avatar
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:17 pm

Final scene of ep.3 - Leland dances at GN and Cooper with Hawk take him away.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby jdh.goodgrief » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:46 pm

Ross wrote:Only thing I can think of is that both B versions start with the short intro section. Other than that, like you said before, TK4 actually fits in more with version B since they all have that alternate octave change.


To my ear, the As sound very different to the Bs, but it's hard to enunciate why. The As all sound sparser and (to me at least) more emotional. The Bs have a bit of a fuller, more traditional piano sound.

But the intros are probably what distinguished them in the Archive.
User avatar
TheArm
Great Northern Member
Posts: 542
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby TheArm » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:24 pm

DEniZZrus wrote:Final scene of ep.3 - Leland dances at GN and Cooper with Hawk take him away.


Yes, we still need The Leland Shuffle!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
User avatar
Brad D
Global Moderator
Posts: 933
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:56 am
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Brad D » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:38 pm

TheArm wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:Final scene of ep.3 - Leland dances at GN and Cooper with Hawk take him away.


Yes, we still need The Leland Shuffle!


indeed. eager to see what we get tonight :)
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator
Posts: 4583
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:47 pm

I sent out a tweet today asking if everyone was ready for some new music tonight. Tim Burgess of the band Charlatans UK retweeted it. Add in the retweets off that and at least 25,000 people who may not have been aware of dl dot com now are! Now if only Lynch would mention it to his 700,000 followers a little more often!

What will get tonight? Aren't we still missing that One Eyed Jacks tune? How about a bundle with that and the Lydecker track + ?
User avatar
qbin2001
Great Northern Member
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby qbin2001 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:55 pm

It just struck me. Most of the important (or less important) TP's characters have it's own tunes... except Log Lady! Strange... What (un)released track fits best for her? 8)

Can't wait for new track(s)! Dean, Dick Tremayne Swing please! :D
User avatar
Ross
Global Moderator
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:56 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:What will get tonight? Aren't we still missing that One Eyed Jacks tune? How about a bundle with that and the Lydecker track + ?

Yes- those two would go together nicely (along with any unused RR tracks). I'm still pulling for "James & Evelyn" or an "Audrey's Dance" bundle.

And I know people are still waiting for a Civil War bundle. Or of course "White Lodge Rumble". Or... :D
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator
Posts: 4583
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Jerry Horne » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:58 pm

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:What will get tonight? Aren't we still missing that One Eyed Jacks tune? How about a bundle with that and the Lydecker track + ?

Yes- those two would go together nicely (along with any unused RR tracks). I'm still pulling for "James & Evelyn" or an "Audrey's Dance" bundle.

And I know people are still waiting for a Civil War bundle. Or of course "White Lodge Rumble". Or... :D


All of those would be amazing.

My top choice is STILL:

Audrey's Prayer (Windom Flute Version)
User avatar
jmichael
RR Diner Member
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:31 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby jmichael » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:59 pm

Part of me would really love to see a bundle of unused tracks. A sort of "Unheard Twin Peaks".

Of course I don't know how much of that there is, or how easy it would be for Dean to identify it.
User avatar
underthefan
RR Diner Member
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby underthefan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:16 pm

My top choices would be White Lodge Rumble, Giant's Theme, Bob's Dance/Back to Missuola, Scary No 2 [half-speed], Under the Nail and all the remaining tracks from FWWM!!
User avatar
master468
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:18 am
Location: The Black Lodge

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby master468 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:22 pm

My wishlist:

White Lodge Rumble
Giant's Theme
Bob's Dance/Back to Missoula

:wink:
Image
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby bosguy1981 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:54 pm

underthefan wrote:My top choices would be White Lodge Rumble, Giant's Theme, Bob's Dance/Back to Missuola, Scary No 2 [half-speed], Under the Nail and all the remaining tracks from FWWM!!


master468 wrote:My wishlist:

White Lodge Rumble
Giant's Theme
Bob's Dance/Back to Missoula


YES!!!

Oh, how I'd love to wake up tomorrow to some White Lodge Rumble. :D
User avatar
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby coolspringsj » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:38 pm

The buzz around White Lodge Rumble is off the charts :lol:

Let me get this straight. Is WLR the track that plays during the painfully (for mainstream America*, not me :D ) long scene where the waiter gives Dale the thumbs up about 6 times while he is bleeding on the GN hotel room floor?

Is the Giant's Theme a part of WLR?

We definitely need a Red Room Bundle (WLR, Giant's Theme, One Armed Man Theme, The Red Room (Studio), etc.)- the spirits want more representation on the archive soundtrack too. :twisted:

*ratings plummeted during the 2 hour premiere of Season 2 after the first 15 or so minutes :lol:
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
User avatar
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:49 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby kyuzo » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:39 pm

My top choices would be White Lodge Rumble, Giant's Theme, Bob's Dance, Laura's Dark Boogie (clean), and anything unreleased for The Red Room. Red Room bundle and/or Slow Speed bundle #2 would be another dream come true.
The black dog runs at night.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby bosguy1981 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:20 pm

coolspringsj wrote:The buzz around White Lodge Rumble is off the charts :lol:

Let me get this straight. Is WLR the track that plays during the painfully (for mainstream America*, not me :D ) long scene where the waiter gives Dale the thumbs up about 6 times while he is bleeding on the GN hotel room floor?

Is the Giant's Theme a part of WLR?


Yup . I think Giant's Theme is the part that sort of sounds like bells ringing before the giant appears.

We definitely need a Red Room Bundle (WLR, Giant's Theme, One Armed Man Theme, The Red Room (Studio), etc.)- the spirits want more representation on the archive soundtrack too.


Agreed! I want that One-Armed Man Theme!! I especially love its use in the Jones-Truman scene.

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests