Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by DEniZZrus »

The Pink Room (movie version), probably the only remaining track from FWWM
You killed Mike and The Pink Room are remaining FWWM themes.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

I live in hope that there are alternate/longer versions of other FWWM tracks like The Voice of Love and Moving Through Time.

Considering the rough cut was (presumably) much longer than the theatrical release, I'm surprised there isn't more unheard music from FWWM.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I can't help but notice it's Thursday :)

My usual request for:

Earle's Theme (Strings) [unused]
The Swan (Instrumental)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

My usual request:

Jean Renault's Theme (Solo Bass Clarinet)
Audrey’s Walk (Earle’s Flute)
Earle's Theme (Strings) [unused]
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Post by dugpa »

Folks,

Got word from Dean that unfortunately there will not be a new release tonight.

Also, Dean has spent countless hours searching for the 'The Swan (Instrumental)', 'Windom Earles Theme (Strings)' and 'Leland's Dance' and it looks like they may be lost for good.

Also there are no plans to release the sound FX.

Now on to the good news. There will be a release next week. Substantial bundles are being prepared to close out the Series.

You know what they say about good things...
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

dugpa wrote:Substantial bundles are being prepared to close out the Series.
NOOOOOOOO.

POR QUE????!!!!!!!!

man. this will be a sad ending, but i cant wait to see what's left. sucks about the missing tracks...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

dugpa wrote:Also, Dean has spent countless hours searching for the 'The Swan (Instrumental)', 'Windom Earles Theme (Strings)' and 'Leland's Dance' and it looks like they may be lost for good.
If this is true and these can't be found, I'm just heartbroken. Christ, we didn't even know about the strings version of Windom's Theme until a few months ago.

:cry:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Any word from Dean about anything from FWWM left? (The Pink Room movie version and You Killed Mike)?
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Brad D wrote:
POR QUE????!!!!!!!!
LOL!!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Agent Sam Stanley wrote:Any word from Dean about anything from FWWM left? (The Pink Room movie version and You Killed Mike)?
Nope, but if I hear anything I'll post it.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
dugpa wrote:Also, Dean has spent countless hours searching for the 'The Swan (Instrumental)', 'Windom Earles Theme (Strings)' and 'Leland's Dance' and it looks like they may be lost for good.
If this is true and these can't be found, I'm just heartbroken. Christ, we didn't even know about the strings version of Windom's Theme until a few months ago.

:cry:
Yeah- I was so hoping for that awesome Strings version!!

I hope my other two hopefuls are found:

Jean Renault's Theme (Solo Bass Clarinet)
Audrey’s Walk (Earle’s Flute)

I still think some of the sound effects would be really cool. The Giant's noise, the "scary sounds", the "dark/nerve" sounds...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Silent Witness

Post by Silent Witness »

Hi guys. I know this is kind of last minute now that the archive seems to be nearing its end. But there's actually more music missing from FWWM than has been mentioned so far. There's a recurring dark string element in "Laura Visists Harold", "Wash Your Hands" and "It's Your Father" that surely exists as a standalone track. A very short standalone version of it can be heard just before the Leo/Shelly scene.
Also in the final meeting between Laura and James we hear the saxophone from "Half Heart", but without the guitar chords, which mixes beautifully with the dark passage of "Laura Palmer's Theme". I couldn't quite place the synth effect when Laura suddenly cries out. It may have been released as part of another cue, but the whole Laura/James conversation medley is beautiful on its own. Would be great to have it in isolated form. Only the second half can be recreated using what has been released so far.

The main title music for Phillip Jeffries in the black lodge is also overlaid with some backwards effects we know from other tracks, but the combination with the main title theme is superb and cannot be recreated with the elements we have. A film mix from this scene would be fantastic, too.

And then of course there's "You Killed Mike" (the dark string notes leading up to "Drug Deal Blues" in the movie might be another part of that same track) and the slightly longer version of "The Pink Room" which have been mentioned already.

A big thank you to Dean from a Twin Peaks fan who has been silent so far. The whole archive release is like a dream come true!
Lynch-D
Roadhouse Member

Post by Lynch-D »

Dean deserves a medal - not just for his hard work but for braving the shark infested waters of fandom!

All the tracks people wanted in the beginning have been released. In fact, all the tracks people were asking for until a couple of months ago have been released. I'd say that's what you might call a result.
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Yeah, true, I've got all of the one's I've wanted, besides Dick's Theme hehe, along with some ones that I love and didn't realise I wanted! Now we are just being spoilt!!
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Lynch-D wrote:Dean deserves a medal - not just for his hard work but for braving the shark infested waters of fandom!

All the tracks people wanted in the beginning have been released. In fact, all the tracks people were asking for until a couple of months ago have been released. I'd say that's what you might call a result.
I heartily agree. We have been treated to what must be - easily - the most complete television soundtrack release ever made. There's nothing left that I will be disappointed not to see released - particularly not stuff that was never used in the show anyway - and I was kind of hoping for one big final bundle to collect up all that is left. Though it is kind of surprising that the Swan instrumental isn't there, as one would expect tracks to exist somewhere of all the individual elements of the vocal mix.