Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by underthefan »

bosguy1981 wrote:
underthefan wrote: I'm with you, guys! Any piece from FWWM is a treasure for me! So, You Killed Mike, Half Heart (Solo), even that little piece that plays when The Log Lady meets Laura in front of the Roadhouse. I'll take anything!
I'd also love to get that brief piece of ethereal music/sounds we hear during the Laura/Log Lady meeting.

Didn't someone mention that the version of Voice of Love that can be heard faintly (I think during close-up shots of the angel painting) sounded like an alternate version?
Yes, I mentioned that. It could just be the beginning portion of The Voice of Love or a separate, more sparse and possibly very short version of it.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Going over what's left, I'm hoping for:

Audrey (Original)
-from episode 14. The version on the second soundtrack has a portion of "Audrey's Investigation" mixed over it. The unmixed original version heard in the Cooper/Audrey scene remains unreleased.

Audrey's Walk (Version 2)
-Episode 26 features an alternate version.

Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Clean)
-Episode 21- Jacoby tells of Lana's heightened sexuality.

Dance Of The Dream Man (Original)
-The soundtrack version has part of "Audrey's Dance" at the end. The unaltered original can be heard on the Cooper/Diane tapes.

Freshly Squeezed (Drums & Bass)(?)
-Seems to me this is a separate track from "Audrey's Dance (Drums & Bass).

Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie And Truman) (Extended/Full)
-Episode 23.

Solo Percussion 4
-Full version can be heard in episode 2, when Albert arrives.

Stair Music/Danger Theme (Full Version)

Half Heart (Solo)
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

My biggest want is the alternate version of 'Shelly Quits' that Angelo streamed on his MySpace page awhile back.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

One thing I am hoping for is a strings version of Mysterioso. I love both versions but the synth strings that plays in the film version is so amazing and I would love to hear an isolated version of that melody. Also, I am really hoping that the On the Air version of Half Heart gets released with the Twin Peaks archive as even though it was used only in On the Air, it was such a great rendition of the song.
Silent Witness

Post by Silent Witness »

Yes, "Half Heart" without the guitar as a standalone would be great. Then we could indeed recreate the film mix, if needed. Of course we'd still need to find out where that short dark scary sound comes from (if we have it). The version of "Laura Palmer's Theme" is the standard version.
Going back to the FWWM Bundle, I noticed two elements used for creating the film versions of "It's Your Father" and others:
1. a slow speed or synth string line (also heard in "Laura Visits Harold" and as a short standalone piece before the Leo/Shelly scene)
2. an unsettling staccato motif (a slow speed oboe/clarinet/bassoon?) that can also heard in "Theresa's Autopsy", "Jacques' Cabin/The Train Car" and the unreleased Phillip Jeffries/Main Theme cue.
Would be very cool to have those as standalone pieces as well, if they exist!

And of course "You Killed Mike" :-)
Agent Sam Stanley
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Sam Stanley »

Silent Witness wrote: The version of "Laura Palmer's Theme" is the standard version.

And let's not forget Theme from Twin Peaks Fire Walk With Me as we hear in the movie. It starts only with sax, and then goes to the soundtrack version.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:First 5 sec. of Leo Attacks Bobby is "Giant Appears" cue, isn't it?
Yes it is. Not sure why it was included in the track.
It was used that way in the series. "Giant Appears" = " Behind the open door" on the list (episode 7). I would like to have them separately, but as we probably will not get 'sound effects' bundle, it's a good way to have it. Than you Dean!

And, by the way, I don't have any problem, that Dean removed 'mixed' version of the "Dick Tremayne's Swing" from the bundle - it just doesn't belonged there. Dean made extraordinary work with all of this music, and I'm grateful for that. Once again - BIG THANK YOU, Dean! :D
Last edited by qbin2001 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:First 5 sec. of Leo Attacks Bobby is "Giant Appears" cue, isn't it?
Yes it is. Not sure why it was included in the track.
It was used that way in the series. "Giant Appears" = " Behind the open door" on the list (episode 7). I would like to have them separately, bat as we probably will not get 'sound effects' bundle, it's a good way to have it. Thank you Dean!
Yes- you are right, Q! I had forgotten this sound ("Giant Appears") was heard in this scene as well- my mistake. Once again, great effort from Dean! Dean... IS... The MAN!!
Last edited by Ross on Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Fred&Ginger
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fred&Ginger »

underthefan wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:
underthefan wrote: I'm with you, guys! Any piece from FWWM is a treasure for me! So, You Killed Mike, Half Heart (Solo), even that little piece that plays when The Log Lady meets Laura in front of the Roadhouse. I'll take anything!
I'd also love to get that brief piece of ethereal music/sounds we hear during the Laura/Log Lady meeting.

Didn't someone mention that the version of Voice of Love that can be heard faintly (I think during close-up shots of the angel painting) sounded like an alternate version?
Yes, I mentioned that. It could just be the beginning portion of The Voice of Love or a separate, more sparse and possibly very short version of it.
I join the chorus of voices who would love to hear these compositions - I'd especially love the one when The Log Lady meets Laura in front of the Roadhouse, and if there is any alternate version of the Voice of Love. And let's please not forget You Killed Mike - that would be incredible!
"Where are the cookies?"
"You mean Fred & Ginger?"
"Dancing..."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Feel free to chime in on my site about which tracks you are still hoping for:

http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... -want.html
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Jerry Horne wrote:My biggest want is the alternate version of 'Shelly Quits' that Angelo streamed on his MySpace page awhile back.
That's the one I want too.:)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Is the version of "Horne's Theme" heard in episode 2 (when Leo throws the football) an unreleased alternate version?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Ross wrote:Freshly Squeezed (Drums & Bass)(?)
I think I was wrong on this. Pretty sure now that all instances are if fact "Audrey's Dance (Drums & Bass)".
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote: Audrey's Walk (Version 2)
-Episode 26 features an alternate version.
Maybe it's Kenneth's original recording???
Ross wrote:
Ross wrote:Freshly Squeezed (Drums & Bass)(?)
I think I was wrong on this. Pretty sure now that all instances are if fact "Audrey's Dance (Drums & Bass)".
We all did. You're right, Ross. Lists updated.
Ross wrote:Is the version of "Horne's Theme" heard in episode 2 (when Leo throws the football) an unreleased alternate version?
I don't think so. I think that there are 2 instances of it (looped part and normal) played at the same time - it makes that little distortions.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:Is the version of "Horne's Theme" heard in episode 2 (when Leo throws the football) an unreleased alternate version?
I don't think so. I think that there are 2 instances of it (looped part and normal) played at the same time - it makes that little distortions.
Thanks Q.

So it looks like the remaining USED tracks are:
Audrey (Clean Original)
Audrey's Walk (Version 2)
Dance Of The Dream Man (Original)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Clean)
Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Josie And Truman) (Extended/Full)
Leland's Dance (Lost)
Love Theme (Light)
Percussion Hi-Hats
Sneaky Audrey (Investigation Solo)(?) (not sure on this one. Could be original or solo mixed over LPT in ep 2)
Sneaky Audrey (Reprise) (Lost?)
Shelly (Original)(?)
Solo Percussion 4
Stair Music/Danger Theme (Full Version)
The Swan (Instrumental) (Lost)

This doesn't include the many shorter effects cues, stings, or sounds (scary sounds, Giant's Theme, etc), or the extended nerve tones (Leland pockets the fox fur, Major Briggs in Earl's cabin on the large target, etc.)